Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Swear Why are People Loud
lovemykidstoo 06:42 AM 12-06-2018
My husband works 2nd shift. He goes to bed about 2:00am. My first daycare family comes at 7:30. He started a new job and was on 1st shift during training (6 am to 3 pm) then yesterday switched to 2nd. I mentioned this casually to my dc families that oh boy, now i have to keep it down, Dave's back on 2nd shift. My first mom comes in every single day like I'm in the backyard and she has to yell to me. I talk first and in a very quiet voice say good morning, how are you this morning? She answers back GOOD MORNING!!!! ugh! She talks SOOO loud. I continue to talk in a quiet voice. This morning she even said what? lol. That's how quiet I'm talking. Her son walked into the living room (15 months) which is right there by my front door. I have bins of toys right there, he started playing with. So I walked away from her and got the rest of the buckets out and he was playing, so I laughed and said, well I guess he's ready to start playing, have a good day. She was out in record time. Usually she stands and talks 10-15 minutes. Today was 1 minute. Anyone ever have a loud talker?
gumdrops 07:04 AM 12-06-2018
Yes! I have a little one who goes to preschool 2 afternoons/week. She returns when there is still 30 min of quiet time left. The first day, Dad knocked and opened the door and yelled "She's back". So I very quietly rushed to the door and whispered "Oh, it's still quiet time, come on sweetie, let's get your backpack put away" Dad again shouts "OK, have a good day". I now beat him to the door and step outside to get her.
Mike 07:39 AM 12-06-2018
They must be from a loud family. I knew a family where the mother always had to make sure she was heard over everyone. It got so the kids also learned to talk loud so they could be heard, over their mother. Now those kids are on their own, with kids of their own, and some of those grown up kids still always yell.
sharlan 07:57 AM 12-06-2018
I have that family! My daughter and her family cannot get up and walk to another room to talk to each other. They have to yell through walls. I can't tell you how I get up at night and yell at them to be quiet.

My daycare kids think they're dinosaurs when they're walking around upstairs.
Baby Beluga 08:29 AM 12-06-2018
Yup. To boot, I have super sensitive ears so things always seem louder to me.

Side note, this book is awesome: Bravo! by Philip Waechter.

This spare, delicately drawn offering from a German duo follows Helena, who lives with the rest of her cat family in a cottage where things are “almost perfect.” Everything, that is, except for Helena’s father, who’s a shouter: “Everything he said came out in a roar.” Port draws him with his mouth agape, his words scrawled in black ink: “Who left these shoes on the floor? My egg is too runny!” Despite her mother’s tactful explanation (“They’ve been shouters for generations. When you’re older, you can be one too, if you like”), Helena decides she can’t bear the racket; she packs her things and asks the woman up the hill if she can move in. “My father’s a shouter,” Helena explains. “I see,” says the neighbor, who takes her in without another word. As the title hints, Helena’s decisive act allows her to find her own voice and to mend her relationship with her father, too. Helena’s dilemma is one that might more commonly be found in books for older readers, making this gentle, measured treatment a noteworthy achievement.
MarinaVanessa 08:32 AM 12-06-2018
I had this family. I extended my child care hours to accommodate an earlier drop off time for them and they came at 6:30 am every morning. DCD or DCM would come in LOUD talking EVERY morning. I'd have to shoosh them and put out my hand every single morning and remind them that my entire household except for me and my husband were asleep still. My mom lives with me and on a couple of occasions she's come down in her pajamas looking like medusa and start the coffee and I would comment to them that my mom looked unhappy that she was woken up early. Every morning they'd apologize, every morning it happened.

I started to dim the lights on really low (we have a dimmer) and that seemed to help. It was almost dark and just light enough to barely see. They'd come in, I'd whisper and take their kiddos and lay them down and they started to just leave right away with barely a word.
I eventually let them go but for other reasons.
Unregistered 09:13 AM 12-06-2018
Yep. Every morning at 5:30 they walk up to my house LOUDLY talking the whole way! “Look Adam! A squirrel! Look at Miss T’s Christmas lights! A red truck Adam! You like red!” Practically screaming it and I’m dragging my butt to the door thinking “for the love of GOD Sharon! Shut UP!”
knoxmomof2 08:47 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I’m dragging my butt to the door thinking “for the love of GOD Sharon! Shut UP!”
Haha, this was funny! 🤣
lovemykidstoo 10:01 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
Haha, this was funny! 🤣
lol that was funny and I"ve done that too hahaha
Tags:loud family, loud parent, loud talker
Reply Up