Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Easter
Candyland 09:05 PM 03-14-2011
What will you do for Easter activities with your students?
Michelle 09:41 PM 03-14-2011
our annual Easter egg hunt and yes, I have the patience to dye eggs with them... I do 2 kids at a time OUTSIDE!
QualiTcare 09:46 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
our annual Easter egg hunt and yes, I have the patience to dye eggs with them... I do 2 kids at a time OUTSIDE!
that's awesome - surprisingly (to me at least) lots of parents don't dye eggs with their kids. i find that crazy. i carved pumpkins around halloween with school aged kids once and so many of them hadn't ever done it - i was shocked.
Michelle 09:55 PM 03-14-2011
yep, I love it, and a lot of the kids do such a great job , I don't want them taking the eggs home...they turn out really pretty and I put them in a basket on the table. Carving Pumpkins?? you are brave.!.. we go to the pumpkin patch and I buy them their own little pumpkins , that's about as far as I go
QualiTcare 10:05 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
yep, I love it, and a lot of the kids do such a great job , I don't want them taking the eggs home...they turn out really pretty and I put them in a basket on the table. Carving Pumpkins?? you are brave.!.. we go to the pumpkin patch and I buy them their own little pumpkins , that's about as far as I go
well, they were school age so maybe a little easier! i let like 5 kids work on one pumpkin at a time. one did an eye, one another eye, one the nose, one the mouth, etc. then they all got to dig inside and get the gunk out.
Michelle 10:08 PM 03-14-2011
Aw,how cute, maybe I will give it a try this year
QualiTcare 10:28 PM 03-14-2011
i think even if your kids are too young to do the cutting, you could cut the top off and let them dig out the "guts" and then draw on a face. i made a pumpkin one time and used yellow pipe cleaners to make curly "blonde" hair just stabbing the sharp metal points into the top and then drawing on the face with paint pens. we always carved pumpkins when i was little and my own kids do it too - but apparently not everyone does.

sorry to hijack the thread!

i agree an egg hunt and dye eggs if you're brave enough for that! that's the main thing.

what do you guys tell your kids about easter? when i was a kid i would wake up to an easter basket that the "easter bunny" left, but then my family would hide the eggs for us to find and it was no secret they were hiding them. with my own kids, they wake up to easter baskets and the eggs are out in the yard also bc i tell them the easter bunny comes and hides the eggs too. is that what everyone else does?
Christian Mother 10:31 PM 03-14-2011
I hunt around for ideal for my little ones so bring on your ideals for toddlers...or little ones around 2 yrs of age. A egg hunt sounds like a lot of fun they can do that with out any problems. My daughter comes home with a lot of cute ideals to from her pre school...she goes 3 times a week for speech..they made the cutest hand leprechaun...shhhh no one tell..I stole it for my daycare kids that very day..hahah!!
melskids 03:22 AM 03-15-2011
i dress my hubby up as the easter bunny. nothing like taking a redneck backwoods deer hunting mountain man and putting him in a bunny suit. needless to say, he's never very happy about it, but he does a good job!

we have an egg hunt, play a few games, do a craft, and have some goodies too. most all of the parents join us.
Attached: IMG_5003.jpg (113.7 KB) 
Cat Herder 03:50 AM 03-15-2011
I don't have any students, but I do have a few infants and toddlers that I care for. Does that count??

Since four out of six of my kiddos are one and under (one non-ambulatory) I can't do much of a egg hunt this year I fully intend on having my two year olds do one, though.

I bought wooden egg plaques, hanging bird feeders, bird houses, and photo "He is Risen" bookmarks.

I plan on having them do handprints on the plaques for their Grandparents; I will mail those out myself. I will have them paint the birdhouses and feeders in age appropriate ways like thumbprint baby chicks, bunnies and easter eggs then use a spray sealant for outdoor use.

I also do spring photos in front of the back landscape bed (my favorite) with blooming daffodils, cherry tree, quince, azalea and knock-out roses. I ask paremts to bring me a nicer outfit and have the kids posed with a white wicker Easter basket. I will place one of those into the foam bookmarks and send them along with the Egg Plaques.

The parents love that I send things to the Grandparents to keep them involved, they are also on the Daycare Facebook page and see the photos I upload almost weekly. Grandparents Rock
laundrymom 10:46 AM 03-15-2011
I AM SOOOOO SHARING THIS WITH MY OWN DH!!!!!lololol

Originally Posted by melskids:
i dress my hubby up as the easter bunny. nothing like taking a redneck backwoods deer hunting mountain man and putting him in a bunny suit. needless to say, he's never very happy about it, but he does a good job!

we have an egg hunt, play a few games, do a craft, and have some goodies too. most all of the parents join us.

Tags:easter, easter - activities
Reply Up