Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Play Care 05:01 AM 12-15-2017
"I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!" "I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!" "I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOONE!"

said when they are done eating, pooping, with an activity, etc.

If I hear those words again, I may just lose my darn mind.
Josiegirl 09:55 AM 12-15-2017
Is it all an act? Does he really not know? Is dcd really that dumb, or forgetful, or just trying to pull one over on me?

Dcd who, never paid on time, showed up very late to p/u his ds a couple times without even saying sorry...he paid me by cashier check last week, 300 of the 398 he owed me. Said he'd pay me the rest of it this week. Ok, so I know dcm is picking up today but dcd dropped off ds at noon. He's been rushing out the door every day but I asked him today....
Me: dcd, today is Friday.
him: oh uh yeh, I pay Monday or Friday?
Me: well, next week is your week to pay, and THAT you would pay Monday, but you still owe 98 from last time.
Him: I thought it was only 36? (so it seems like he still wasn't planning on paying me today)
Me: Um, no. Lots of late fees got tacked on(I had listed them all in a text to him and also an email to dcm)
So he just says 'oh boy' and leaves.
Dcm will be paying from now on. I just figured if he got caught up on his back payments then he'd be all set to pay me himself, as long as dcm is picking up on time.
I ask you....am I just a sucker or trying to give him the benefit of the doubt(for far too long??)
Blackcat31 10:02 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I ask you....am I just a sucker or trying to give him the benefit of the doubt(for far too long??)
He's playing you.....

You have been giving him the benefit of the doubt for a lot longer than he deserves.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:55 AM 12-15-2017
Today is crap, literally. The kids passed around a fairly "mild" stomach bug (if there is such a thing) early this week. I thought we were over it, but apparently I'm not. Stomach cramps are horrible today.

One of the kids left the water on in the downstairs bathroom yesterday and I didn't catch it. So it ran all night. Woke up this morning to the sound of our septic backing up into the laundry room. We fought this all last winter, but thought we were over it. The theory was that the lateral lines froze while the house was empty while on the market. I know the water being left on was a factor, but it should not have flooded a septic system made for a five bedroom house. And its been way too warm to cause the freezing problems we "thought" was the issue last year.

I am just done.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:03 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Today is crap, literally. The kids passed around a fairly "mild" stomach bug (if there is such a thing) early this week. I thought we were over it, but apparently I'm not. Stomach cramps are horrible today.

One of the kids left the water on in the downstairs bathroom yesterday and I didn't catch it. So it ran all night. Woke up this morning to the sound of our septic backing up into the laundry room. We fought this all last winter, but thought we were over it. The theory was that the lateral lines froze while the house was empty while on the market. I know the water being left on was a factor, but it should not have flooded a septic system made for a five bedroom house. And its been way too warm to cause the freezing problems we "thought" was the issue last year.

I am just done.
Originally Posted by Play Care:
"I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!" "I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!" "I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOONE!"

said when they are done eating, pooping, with an activity, etc.

If I hear those words again, I may just lose my darn mind.

Sorry I meant to say: "I'm DOOOOOOOONE!"
Play Care 12:33 PM 12-15-2017
Sorry I meant to say: "I'm DOOOOOOOONE!"

Jdy2222 07:05 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by HappyEverAfter:
Can you vent about the same kid twice in one day? My screamer threw another round of fits this afternoon, made my others cry, I finally got him to sleep and now I am crying because this kid has frazzled me to the point of tears. I don’t want to have to term him but if this keeps up, I may have to do that. But of course as I sit here in tears all I can think is what am I not doing right? What needs does he have that I’m not meeting that’s causing this behavior? I am so, so frustrated.
I have one who's similar. He's 8 months now, but has always been high maintenance. I call it "man cold syndrome" ... whatever is imperfect in his world is worse than anyone can imagine, far worse than has happened to anyone else, a very immediate problem, and must be fixed NOW by someone besides him. He's adorable, but he really needs to get over it.
HappyEverAfter 09:44 PM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by Jdy2222:
I have one who's similar. He's 8 months now, but has always been high maintenance. I call it "man cold syndrome" ... whatever is imperfect in his world is worse than anyone can imagine, far worse than has happened to anyone else, a very immediate problem, and must be fixed NOW by someone besides him. He's adorable, but he really needs to get over it.
Omg, YES! This is exactly my dck!
Josiegirl 08:51 AM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
He's playing you.....

You have been giving him the benefit of the doubt for a lot longer than he deserves.
Dang right I have been.
Dcm picked up dcb yesterday and I start to tell her the convo that transpired between dcd and myself. She starts smiling and nodding; I ask 'you've already talked with him?' Yep, and she read him the riot act. He said he was not going to pay me the 98, only the 36 he thought he owed. She told him to take that up with me but paying his ds's ccprovider should be his first priority. So if he tries to pull that crap with me on Monday, I will ask him if his refusal to pay on time(his week to pay is this coming week) and the rest of his account, is his way of giving me their 2 week notice. I told dcm if he doesn't come through with the $$ on Monday, she would have to start paying(as wise people from here have already suggested a few times) Dcm has already warned him about losing child care due to non payment.
I have to say, it's been......hmmm, nope, I've NEVER run into such an idiot as a dcp at all.
As was mentioned by another poster(lovemykidstoo ?), she'd hate to lose the money but sometimes, it comes down to more than that.
Annalee 09:29 AM 12-16-2017
Dang right I have been.
Dcm picked up dcb yesterday and I start to tell her the convo that transpired between dcd and myself. She starts smiling and nodding; I ask 'you've already talked with him?' Yep, and she read him the riot act. He said he was not going to pay me the 98, only the 36 he thought he owed. She told him to take that up with me but paying his ds's ccprovider should be his first priority. So if he tries to pull that crap with me on Monday, I will ask him if his refusal to pay on time(his week to pay is this coming week) and the rest of his account, is his way of giving me their 2 week notice. I told dcm if he doesn't come through with the $$ on Monday, she would have to start paying(as wise people from here have already suggested a few times) Dcm has already warned him about losing child care due to non payment.
I have to say, it's been......hmmm, nope, I've NEVER run into such an idiot as a dcp at all.
As was mentioned by another poster(lovemykidstoo ?), she'd hate to lose the money but sometimes, it comes down to more than that.
He is the one playing you but dcm needs to understand that no matter what you have to be paid. Dcm Need to feel some heat too. I had this problem before and dcm blamed everything on dcd. Finally told her they could fight all theywanted but I had to get paid. They left with no two week notice. The child should have been the dcm most important part of this issue and I felt if the dcm appreciated me she would have paid to keep the spot. Hope this works out for you and you get your money caught up.
Josiegirl 10:07 AM 12-16-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
He is the one playing you but dcm needs to understand that no matter what you have to be paid. Dcm Need to feel some heat too. I had this problem before and dcm blamed everything on dcd. Finally told her they could fight all theywanted but I had to get paid. They left with no two week notice. The child should have been the dcm most important part of this issue and I felt if the dcm appreciated me she would have paid to keep the spot. Hope this works out for you and you get your money caught up.
Thanks Annalee, sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Some people don't appreciate the importance of finding dependable and good child care. They truly feel dc is easy to find and any old dc will do. I think(hope) dcm will come through with the payment because she's been pretty emphatic all this time about not 'blowing the spot' for her ds. Dcm has taken to picking up dcb so dcd doesn't pick up late on his days to p/u. So I trust that she will pay, then work out the rest of it with dcd.
alley 07:48 PM 12-16-2017
Working in childcare can be so rough. The worst part are the licensing people, they are a pain the the you no what. for the last three years, i keep getting wrote up for the same thing. sometimes, am in compliance next, am not. ( for what i have proven, over and over, to be in compliance) my licensee person threatening basically retaliation on me. am pissed. am wondering if i should file a complaint once she does this investigation and me proven to be true.

she also asked me why was my house unkept. because am breaking things down and cleaning washing etx. I have folded clothes and hangers on my couch to put on hangers and hang up. am sweeping and vacuum my floor,etc.
( i didn't have children the two times this happened)

She says, what if children was coming, ummm i would have taken care of my house needs at a different time! sorry, am in home, i have to get things do when i can. so, sometimes i just break everything down and redo all at once so, it looks a mess. well what if someone just drop buy to look for a new home. Well, they will be outside. I dont just take random walk in unless, your child is in my care. I have been doing this for going on 8 years, (license) more than 15 total...

They expect a perfect schedule, i am in house, we usually end up taken kids who need a flexible schedule.. ( most of our children and families need that. schoolagers, schedule changes!) I do not understand why is it, people who NEVER WORKED IN CHILDCARE, HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE A LICENSEE. ( when you give families 60-80hrs a week, that is what happened)

sorry guys, i feel better already. i can really use some uplifting words right now.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:49 AM 12-18-2017
On top of normal case of the Mondays: The three year old had 4 hours of sleep last night. She's a delight today, let me tell ya. The 8 month old has been on vacation for two weeks and is just returning, and the one year old is getting dropped of right in the middle of what would normally be her morning nap time.
Play Care 11:05 AM 12-18-2017

Mom needs to know the child is about to get kicked out of your program. If Dad doesn't pay, she's losing day care too.
Play Care 11:07 AM 12-18-2017
My PT day care boy didn't bring mittens last week, so I told the they needed to bring them (I have extras, he doesn't like them )

Today he brings TWO pairs of mittens, but NO snow pants.
I have extras, but he tried to say he doesn't like them. Too bad, so sad.
Miss A 12:12 PM 12-18-2017
It's been a Monday here. Everyone is beyond crabby, extra tired, and extra vocal about it all. Ugh.
LysesKids 12:56 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
It's been a Monday here. Everyone is beyond crabby, extra tired, and extra vocal about it all. Ugh.
Oh and to top that, All my families forgot Christmas is Monday (not to mention Friday is one child's last day & I have no replacement)... you are closed next week right? Nobody planned on paying the January fee Friday & I don't re-open until Jan 2
Miss A 01:39 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Oh and to top that, All my families forgot Christmas is Monday (not to mention Friday is one child's last day & I have no replacement)... you are closed next week right? Nobody planned on paying the January fee Friday & I don't re-open until Jan 2
Some days just suck. Sorry Lyse.
LysesKids 01:54 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Some days just suck. Sorry Lyse.
I have one saving grace & that is the required end of year 1500 payout from a small trust I will get in 15 years... saves me and bills will be paid on time, but I'm still here by myself for the entire week; Thanksgiving I got with my son thank goodness, but I don't get to see my grand children for a 2nd year
amberrose3dg 02:24 AM 12-19-2017
I have one saving grace & that is the required end of year 1500 payout from a small trust I will get in 15 years... saves me and bills will be paid on time, but I'm still here by myself for the entire week; Thanksgiving I got with my son thank goodness, but I don't get to see my grand children for a 2nd year
I'm sorry that really sucks. We are traveling for Christmas this year. I had Christmas early with my kids grand parents so they could see them for it.Do they live far away?
amberrose3dg 02:25 AM 12-19-2017
I'm closed next week. I'm sure I will have several who forget to pay on Friday for next week also.
Josiegirl 03:40 AM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
I'm closed next week. I'm sure I will have several who forget to pay on Friday for next week also.
How can we nicely remind them? I'll be in the same position.
I'm thinking I'll write a reminder on their daily notes and tell them they need to either pay Friday or make sure to have it in the mail so I receive it by Tuesday.
Why is asking for our pay one of the hardest challenges for me, yet like all these working parents,, it's a job and we need to be paid just like they do. I always feel like I'm begging for something they should just be giving me every week anyways. And most dcfs are good about it but you always get 1 or 2 that go....oops forgot. OR deadbeat dcds who don't give a crap at all. Although his account owed is now down to $23.
Annalee 04:07 AM 12-19-2017
I close on Dec. 21 and don't reopen till Jan 4 so my clients have to pay for two weeks on Thursday this week. All but one paid yesterday when they paid for this week. I sent a text out Friday and made them respond they got the text and all responded. THe "conveniently forgetting" used to work for me but not after 25 years. I have heard and seen so much from clients. The one that didn't pay yet didn't come yesterday and I they will make me "ask" for the extra two weeks pay.....happens every vacation. I guess they think I will forget at some point and they will squeeze by but NOPE. The key to longevity in this business is taking care of myself. And I had this lecture with a new child care provider yesterday and she is taking her first ever vacation. I was so excited for her as she got paid from all yesterday....they threatened to leave if she charged them but she stood her ground and they all paid. Made me feels so happy for her because this is a huge hurdle for her.
amberrose3dg 05:35 AM 12-19-2017
I close on Dec. 21 and don't reopen till Jan 4 so my clients have to pay for two weeks on Thursday this week. All but one paid yesterday when they paid for this week. I sent a text out Friday and made them respond they got the text and all responded. THe "conveniently forgetting" used to work for me but not after 25 years. I have heard and seen so much from clients. The one that didn't pay yet didn't come yesterday and I they will make me "ask" for the extra two weeks pay.....happens every vacation. I guess they think I will forget at some point and they will squeeze by but NOPE. The key to longevity in this business is taking care of myself. And I had this lecture with a new child care provider yesterday and she is taking her first ever vacation. I was so excited for her as she got paid from all yesterday....they threatened to leave if she charged them but she stood her ground and they all paid. Made me feels so happy for her because this is a huge hurdle for her.
That is what makes this job difficult. I had a parent this morning who is ALWAYS late reminded her she needs to pay for this week and next before Friday. She just looked at me with a blank stare. So you think this week and next is free. I think not, ugh!!
Annalee 06:55 AM 12-19-2017
That is what makes this job difficult. I had a parent this morning who is ALWAYS late reminded her she needs to pay for this week and next before Friday. She just looked at me with a blank stare. So you think this week and next is free. I think not, ugh!!
I totally get it! I had one say yesterday "I don't write checks" I said, "I accept cash". He said "uh, oh, ok". and then paid
LysesKids 06:58 AM 12-19-2017
I had a parent tell me this morning she gets paid tomorrow but needs the $$ to travel next week; guess who isn't planning on paying Friday

So I have 2 parents that have said no pay until Jan 2 & one child that aged out ... Can I keep a prayer #4 family pays? I am grateful for that Trust payout... it landed in the bank this morning lol. Earlier than expected
Cat Herder 07:15 AM 12-19-2017
Me: "I will print monthly meal count when I am done logging."

KK: Loading. Please log in.

Me: "I will check November attendance hours for errors"

KK: Loading. Please log in.

Me: "I need to check that everyone paid yesterday"

KK: Loading, Please log in.

KK: "Logs in"

KK: Loading. Blank screen.
Josiegirl 02:32 PM 12-19-2017
I sent home a short note today, to remind them they can pay(for my week off next week) Friday or have it in the mail so I'll receive it Tuesday. They all read their notes while gathering their things and a couple kinda went ohh. Maybe I read too much into things but I was just waiting for the follow-up comment. They would've been paying next week anyways.
amberrose3dg 03:36 AM 12-20-2017
I sent home a short note today, to remind them they can pay(for my week off next week) Friday or have it in the mail so I'll receive it Tuesday. They all read their notes while gathering their things and a couple kinda went ohh. Maybe I read too much into things but I was just waiting for the follow-up comment. They would've been paying next week anyways.
Same problem here! So far I have 3 families out of 10 that have me paid through the rest of the year. One is even late on this week's pay when her kid is here! I said to her again yesterday evening that if she doesn't start paying on Monday's she will have a late fee Tuesday morning. I am just tired of these parents lately.She is the only one and seriously acts like she forgets every single week. I want to say hey you either are an ignorant person or have a brain tumor. You might want to go and see a dr about that! How do you "forget" every single week!I had two interviews last night and one tonight for replacements for when i get back. Done with people who can't follow my rules. I would of already kicked her butt out if she didn't live around the corner and her kid is in my son's class. (he was in daycare before they started school together)
Claraskids 06:57 AM 12-20-2017
15 month old has had three complete meltdowns in his first 90 minutes here! Rolling around the floor screaming, throwing things, and banging head against the hardwood floor. Luckily, his parents have observed the head banging so any forehead marks will not be too unusual.
Just laid him down and hoping some quiet time will help reset his attitude button.
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 12-28-2017
60 consecutive days below zero so far....

"The National Weather Service reported International Falls, Minnesota, the self-proclaimed Icebox of the Nation, plunged to 37 degrees below zero, breaking the old record of 32 below set in 1924. Hibbing, Minnesota, bottomed out at 28 below, breaking the old record of 27 below set in 1964."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bu...cid=spartanntp

But I kind of like the cold.
So I guess it's not really a vent so much...
Attached: IMG_0560 (3).jpg (40.9 KB) 
ChelseaB 04:37 AM 12-29-2017
I guess everyone realizes it will happen eventually, but it still comes as a shock...
Noticed one of my long-time dc families had written a post last night, requesting information about Montessori. However, they had never mentioned to me that they were considering it. Obviously, the child would age out eventually, but I had spoken with them previously about things, and I had been under the impression the kiddo would be with me until she was 4...she’s 3 this year, and I’m guessing they’ve decided differently. Torn between being super happy for the kiddo who would probably do well in that academic environment, or being frustrated that they didn’t just come out and tell me they were considering it. Honestly, I think it’s the fact that we had a discussion yesterday evening at pick up, a simple exchange, regarding current financial status (balance due, upcoming tax season). I feel they may be unhappy with something to which I have no idea. Guess I’ll find out soon enough. 🤷🏼*♀️ However, my anxiety is in overdrive now, although I continuously try to remind myself that it’s not really a big deal. It happens all the time, and they’re probably just thinking about the future. And just as they will inevitably move on, so will I and the daycare
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:31 AM 12-29-2017

"The National Weather Service reported International Falls, Minnesota, the self-proclaimed Icebox of the Nation, plunged to 37 degrees below zero, breaking the old record of 32 below set in 1924. Hibbing, Minnesota, bottomed out at 28 below, breaking the old record of 27 below set in 1964."

You're beating us up here in Alaska!!! It was in the teens and 20s most of December. I guess I got spoiled, because this is the first week we've been below zero all week and I'm going insane.

-26 this morning when I woke up, which is very normal for here this time year. However, my step-son is visiting and was supposed to go tubing today with dh, but they close the hills when it goes below -20... So my vent is that they are both stuck in the house today as well.
Blackcat31 01:02 PM 12-29-2017
You're beating us up here in Alaska!!! It was in the teens and 20s most of December. I guess I got spoiled, because this is the first week we've been below zero all week and I'm going insane.

-26 this morning when I woke up, which is very normal for here this time year. However, my step-son is visiting and was supposed to go tubing today with dh, but they close the hills when it goes below -20... So my vent is that they are both stuck in the house today as well.
I actually don't mind it much when it gets this cold... My dog gets a little bent out of shape because it's cold and he has to stay inside but he'll live... lol!

It's warmed up a bit today and hit -19F (feels like a heatwave...lol!) but it's suppose to get cold again tonight and so on into the next week.

Looks like you and I will both be managing the sub-zero for at least the first week of the new year...

(you are purple/I am blue)
Attached: Alaska weather.jpg (74.2 KB) MN Weather.jpg (81.0 KB) 
Josiegirl 01:05 PM 12-29-2017
I actually don't mind it much when it gets this cold... My dog gets a little bent out of shape because it's cold and he has to stay inside but he'll live... lol!

It's warmed up a bit today and hit -19F (feels like a heatwave...lol!) but it's suppose to get cold again tonight and so on into the next week.

Looks like you and I will both be managing the sub-zero for at least the first week of the new year...

I'm going to stop complaining about my -5 weather now.
HappyEverAfter 01:12 PM 12-29-2017

Holy moly that is some seriously cold weather! I like cold too but wouldn’t even know what that kind of cold feels like!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:26 PM 12-29-2017

So one of the running jokes up here is "If you see a forecast you don't like, just look at another site". It's sooo true, I'll take this one thanks.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAK0083:1:US
LysesKids 12:44 AM 12-31-2017
Holy moly that is some seriously cold weather! I like cold too but wouldn’t even know what that kind of cold feels like!
I remember in 2008 when my youngest DD and I had to deal with -22 windchill in Galena, IL for a few days. She was doing Drivers ED @ the time (as a homeschooler, but Public school taught it)... was not fun to come out & find my own truck wouldn't start one day. Thank goodness I had invested in heavy duty winter gear
Blackcat31 09:07 AM 12-31-2017
It’s still sunny and clear out though!
Attached: 7.jpg (97.2 KB) 
BumbleBee 04:28 PM 12-31-2017
If one more parent asks me if I'm open tomorrow "because it's Monday" I am going to scream.

It may be Monday but it's still a holiday!
daycarediva 09:57 AM 01-02-2018
I was going to complain about the cold weather keeping us from staying outside for as long as we normally do.

I'll shut up now.

It's just around 3 with the wind chill.
storybookending 11:44 AM 01-02-2018
Another week of no outdoor play for us. It’s up to -11 with the windchill which is warmer than it’s been in what feels like an entire month.

We had Christmas on Saturday. My dad is one of 13 and I have 19 first cousins.. most of my cousins are older with families of their own so there are +20 second cousins there as well and they are usually sledding all afternoon but could not go outside because of the temperatures. I left thinking I didn’t see to see another child for a good week.. 3 days later and we are back openfor business. All of my kids have been wonderful though even with my youngest niece dropping in as grandma was supposed to have her and has a flu!
BumbleBee 02:45 PM 01-02-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Another week of no outdoor play for us. It’s up to -11 with the windchill which is warmer than it’s been in what feels like an entire month
Ditto. And my roof needs to be shoveled off, no way I'm spending 3 hrs up there in this cold crap.
amberrose3dg 04:28 AM 01-03-2018
When you open back up after being off 10 days and there is a two hour delay. A parent also shows up without payment for the last two weeks at drop off. Same parent tries to be late frequently and claims to be that forgetful.
Annalee 04:50 AM 01-03-2018
When you open back up after being off 10 days and there is a two hour delay. A parent also shows up without payment for the last two weeks at drop off. Same parent tries to be late frequently and claims to be that forgetful.
Make them pay in advance before your time off. My clients post dated checks for Dec. 25 and Jan 1. I don't open until tomorrow. Had a few that do not write checks so they had to pay cash on Dec. 22. Experience is the best teacher! Been there with what you dealt with this morning! Hang in there! Used to, I would be passive, but now I would not have let them stay without payment. Some clients today are determined to make you ask for the money before they give it.....that's just how they see things
amberrose3dg 05:36 AM 01-03-2018
Make them pay in advance before your time off. My clients post dated checks for Dec. 25 and Jan 1. I don't open until tomorrow. Had a few that do not write checks so they had to pay cash on Dec. 22. Experience is the best teacher! Been there with what you dealt with this morning! Hang in there! Used to, I would be passive, but now I would not have let them stay without payment. Some clients today are determined to make you ask for the money before they give it.....that's just how they see things
Yeah well i have reminded her several times. This time shes getting hit with late fees. I am done with reminding someone when they know they HAVE to pay. It is not free!!
LysesKids 06:34 AM 01-03-2018
Yeah well i have reminded her several times. This time shes getting hit with late fees. I am done with reminding someone when they know they HAVE to pay. It is not free!!
I'd be turning her away until all the fees are paid... All my families paid for month in cash when I re-opened yesterday . I have a no pay, no stay rule & I have the backbone to enforce it
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 01-03-2018
Im sorry you have a client behaving so badly. Not a positive way to start the new year at all!

I'd be turning her away until all the fees are paid... All my families paid for month in cash when I re-opened yesterday . I have a no pay, no stay rule & I have the backbone to enforce it
This^ If you give the issue back to the person it belongs to (parent) then it is no longer stressful. Also parents won't fix problems until it becomes a problem for them and right now its only a problem for the provider.

I have a 3 strikes late fee policy.
The late fee double every time they pay late, they are denied services until ALL fees are paid in full and the 3rd late payment is immediate termination.
I refuse to work with someone that feels my services aren't valuable enough to pay for.

Funny but since changing to this method of dealing with late payments, I don't have the issue any more
Baby Beluga 08:41 AM 01-03-2018

Opposite but equal problem.

We went 103 days with NO rain, Nadda. It eventually rained, but not in my location so we are still counting. lol.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ari...ll-in-103-days
BumbleBee 11:26 AM 01-03-2018
Heaven above please grant me patience to not snap at this 4 yr old who's acting like a teenager. The attitude is fierce today!
DaveA 12:01 PM 01-03-2018
Today was supposed to be the first day back to school. Yesterday the furnace crashed at one building so they called school. They just sent out the message that because of the temperature/ wind chill in the morning school’s off for tomorrow. Forecast is the same for Friday so we’ll see how that goes. I’m not answering any more calls from the school numbers.
Cat Herder 12:54 PM 01-03-2018
18 days out of care. Only one K-4 DCK would identify more than three sight letters correctly, without photo prompt.

We just finished upper case lettering, verbal prompt, before the break.

Are lead toys back? Fingers crossed we get back on track by the end of next week. It is time for ASQ updates, I can't take a full round of "no improvement" conferences. I just can't.
daycarediva 03:18 PM 01-03-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
18 days out of care. Only one K-4 DCK would identify more than three sight letters correctly, without photo prompt.

We just finished upper case lettering, verbal prompt, before the break.

Are lead toys back? Fingers crossed we get back on track by the end of next week. It is time for ASQ updates, I can't take a full round of "no improvement" conferences. I just can't.

Nope, but SCREENS are. The regression is real.
HappyEverAfter 05:57 PM 01-03-2018
My screamer dck was on vacation for two weeks and today was his first day back. He celebrated his return by screaming (not crying) for 7.5 hrs out of the 9 that he was here. If I so much as touched another child for any reason, he lost it. I told his mother at pick up that he has until his first birthday (this coming May) to stop this behavior or I can’t continue to watch him.
HappyEverAfter 07:53 AM 01-04-2018
So far today every child has had multiple crying/screaming fits. I’ve had one child projectile spit up multiple times, soaking my outfit and his. I’ve had one diaper poo explosion that resulted in needing a sink bath. And I’ve had one toddler pee through her diaper and onto my floor within 5 minutes of arrival. And it’s not even 10am yet.
amberrose3dg 08:32 AM 01-04-2018
So far today every child has had multiple crying/screaming fits. I’ve had one child projectile spit up multiple times, soaking my outfit and his. I’ve had one diaper poo explosion that resulted in needing a sink bath. And I’ve had one toddler pee through her diaper and onto my floor within 5 minutes of arrival. And it’s not even 10am yet.
Oh man i thought my day was going bad. I have just had all three 2 year old boys(only day they are all together) acting all types of crazy and throwing stuff, hitting etc..
All the babies are fussy and refusing sleep.
Josiegirl 10:05 AM 01-04-2018
I'm hoping dcm is wrong about our area's forecast. She said snow(which it's doing now ugh) and -45. Dang that's gonna be cold.
Snowmom 02:01 PM 01-04-2018
OMG dcb is driving me n-u-t-s.
Go play was said at least 200 times today.

At least.

I'm consider initiating a STOP hand motion instead.
It's just quicker.
HappyEverAfter 07:20 PM 01-04-2018
Oh man i thought my day was going bad. I have just had all three 2 year old boys(only day they are all together) acting all types of crazy and throwing stuff, hitting etc..
All the babies are fussy and refusing sleep.
Oh the day got even more eventful when 9 mth old dck girl pooped and then went diaper digging and before I even knew what happened she managed to get it on the playroom carpet and multiple toys. This resulted in having to close the playroom for the rest of the afternoon which left me in the living room with four very fussy, hard to contain kids under the age of two. It’s 9:15pm and I just now finished cleaning up from today since I had to scrub poop out of the carpet and wash toys. I’m exhausted and haven’t even made dinner yet.
HappyEverAfter 07:21 PM 01-04-2018
I'm hoping dcm is wrong about our area's forecast. She said snow(which it's doing now ugh) and -45. Dang that's gonna be cold.
-45!?!? Omg, I can’t even imagine...
Josiegirl 02:33 AM 01-05-2018
-45!?!? Omg, I can’t even imagine...
Well, I have no idea if the wind chill actually got that cold last night or not but the wind was certainly whipping around. I had set up our Christmas tree outside in a snow bank, to feed the birds, and that's blown over. Snow drifts everywhere. Have to shovel again. I don't really keep up with all the local weather because it is what it is and you just deal. But all the dcps have been filling me in and we're in for a frigid weekend too, highs will be -11. It's winter in the northeast. Time for hot chocolate and good books anyways. right??
midaycare 05:44 AM 01-05-2018
10 minutes after dropoff, dcg soaks her pants. It's common with this dcf, whom I really like and are generally good parents. I don't understand this at all though. They provide the diapers. They aren't saving any money.

I know they have 2 older kids to get out of the house in the morning, but...surely a diaper change can be worked in there somewhere?
HappyEverAfter 08:54 AM 01-05-2018
Day 3 of my little screamer dck making everyone’s head hurt. Dcm and dcd say they have no idea why he’s like this and that he never acts like this at home. Well, um, I’d say he doesn’t act like this at home because he is an only child and they never put him down. They say they never hold him much but I do not believe it. Any kid who screams this much to be held has learned that he is supposed to be held and he didn’t learn it here.
HappyEverAfter 08:56 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by midaycare:
10 minutes after dropoff, dcg soaks her pants. It's common with this dcf, whom I really like and are generally good parents. I don't understand this at all though. They provide the diapers. They aren't saving any money.

I know they have 2 older kids to get out of the house in the morning, but...surely a diaper change can be worked in there somewhere?
Same thing happened to me yesterday! I was like, there is no way that was a fresh diaper because you live 10 minutes away and she just peed through it and onto my floor. The thing weighed a ton when I took it off her. No way was it fresh.
midaycare 11:25 AM 01-05-2018
Same thing happened to me yesterday! I was like, there is no way that was a fresh diaper because you live 10 minutes away and she just peed through it and onto my floor. The thing weighed a ton when I took it off her. No way was it fresh.
So gross, right? This happened to me one time when DS was little and I felt terrible. I woke up late and just threw on clothes, grabbed him, and went.

For this to be a regular occurrence though is so weird. Who wants to sit in a huge pile of pee? Ew....
amberrose3dg 11:38 AM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by midaycare:
So gross, right? This happened to me one time when DS was little and I felt terrible. I woke up late and just threw on clothes, grabbed him, and went.

For this to be a regular occurrence though is so weird. Who wants to sit in a huge pile of pee? Ew....
I had a parent like this. She would never send spare clothes either. I ended up letting her kid walk around in a diaper until she got the hint that she needed changed before she left the house and I needed a spare change of clothes.
Farmerswife 04:43 AM 01-08-2018
DCG 3 droped her bowl of cereal with milk within 15 minutes of me opening. Happy Monday!
fifi 09:12 PM 01-08-2018
I don't own my own daycare, like many of you on here, and I wish I had the funds to start up my own centre. I am so fed up with where I'm working. There seems to be this constant revolving door of staff. One of my former coworkers gave her 2 weeks notice, and then instead of starting to look for someone to fill that position, my boss went on holidays for a week. She's always complaining about how it's hard to find new staff, but yet she could somehow justify going on holidays for a week and leaving all of us in a lurch. I've lost count of how many days I haven't got a break during a 9 hour shift. So many times I have thought of looking for a different job, but I have been there over 6 months now and I should be getting a raise. Plus, it's a guaranteed 40 hours a week, unlike other another centre I worked at for a month. They told me it was a full time position, but then after 2 weeks they would send me home after 4 hours, or text me at 10 pm to tell me what time to come in the next day. I love the children, but in this field we get treated like absolute sh!t.
HappyEverAfter 08:34 AM 01-09-2018
How can one infant be so difficult? He screams over anything that doesn’t go his way. Wants me to hold him instead of another child so he screams. Wants me to pick him up and move him to the other side of the playroom and he screams. Drops his pacifier and wants me to pick it up even though he can do it and he screams. Doesn’t want to have his diaper changed because he’d rather play so he screams. Angry because the other kids won’t give him the toy they’re playing with so he screams. Doesn’t want to be in the kitchen during mealtimes so he screams. And the screaming doesn’t stop until he gets his way. Ever. I let him scream it out for over 2 hours the other day and he never let up once. I am on the verge of losing my mind. And then he’ll have a random day like yesterday where he is fine and happy all day but it’s so inconsistent. I don’t understand it. Parents say he never ever fusses at home of course. I am tired of it and people keep saying he will grow out of it but he isn’t and my patience is wearing so thin. I’m trying to hang in there until he turns one this spring to see if he grows out of it but days like today have me ready to term immediately, like this very minute.
Annalee 10:05 AM 01-09-2018
So ready for this sinus/flu/cold to be gone. Have battled it since Saturday. Tis the season, I guess
Cat Herder 10:54 AM 01-09-2018
Got everyone down to nap, finished round of submersible toys, mopping and snack prep. Rush to dryer to fold linens quickly hoping to have enough time to sit down for a quick snack/treat in the kitchen, only to realize I never moved laundry over to the dryer to begin with. I am actually a load behind.

So much for being done early today. I don't like my 40's. Seems this stuff is happening more and more.

Meh. It's not like I won't get to have this same day to do again tomorrow.
Annalee 11:01 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Got everyone down to nap, finished round of submersible toys, mopping and snack prep. Rush to dryer to fold linens quickly hoping to have enough time to sit down for a quick snack/treat in the kitchen, only to realize I never moved laundry over to the dryer to begin with. I am actually a load behind.

So much for being done early today. I don't like my 40's. Seems this stuff is happening more and more.

Meh. It's not like I won't get to have this same day to do again tomorrow.
I am in my 50's and staying put there.....my forgetfulness is crazy now! I used to have it altogether and still do but now use a paper trail more often. My head seems to forget more than it used to
Josiegirl 11:05 AM 01-09-2018
I am in my 50's and staying put there.....my forgetfulness is crazy now! I used to have it altogether and still do but now use a paper trail more often. My head seems to forget more than it used to
Haha you two are just spring chickens! Wait till you get to the 60's decade and you can't even remember why you went into the bathroom.

If I'd known then what I know now, I would've bought stock in post-its.
Cat Herder 11:07 AM 01-09-2018
I am going to have to make a dang checklist, I can see it now.

Eh, I will just tell myself it is in case of emergency needing a substitute. Yes, that's it, an employee checklist. You know, for potential employees.
LysesKids 12:24 PM 01-09-2018
Haha you two are just spring chickens! Wait till you get to the 60's decade and you can't even remember why you went into the bathroom.

If I'd known then what I know now, I would've bought stock in post-its.
Give me 2.5 years & I will be 60 lol
fifi 06:35 PM 01-09-2018
Same parent late on a regular basis. She keeps on getting charged a late fee, but she keeps showing up late. Today she didn't even apologize - just said, "There's nothing I could have done." Now my boss wants me to document every time she is late, and how many minutes late.
amberrose3dg 02:55 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by fifi:
Same parent late on a regular basis. She keeps on getting charged a late fee, but she keeps showing up late. Today she didn't even apologize - just said, "There's nothing I could have done." Now my boss wants me to document every time she is late, and how many minutes late.
I had a parent like that. I ended up terminating her. She clearly has no respect for rules. Either increase the late fees to try and keep it from happening or terminate.
amberrose3dg 09:27 AM 01-10-2018
I had a parent like that. I ended up terminating her. She clearly has no respect for rules. Either increase the late fees to try and keep it from happening or terminate.
Assistant called out today. All of the kids are fussing and screaming during nap time today. One baby is making everyone miserable.I'm frustrated she claims she went to the ER and yet nothing was found and needs to call out tomorrow as well to see her primary care dr. Like can't it wait a day or two?
Lucky my daughter was off today and could help me out.
So now I gotta see if my daughter can help me out again tomorrow.
daycarediva 10:20 AM 01-10-2018
oh no. I'm in my 30's and already need a checklist.

DH jokes that I have early onset alzheimers. I swear it's like having 300 tabs open in my brain and when I close one 50 more pop up.
Blackcat31 10:22 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

DH jokes that I have early onset alzheimers. I swear it's like having 300 tabs open in my brain and when I close one 50 more pop up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KrOZe2SxoQ
Annalee 10:59 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

I was making a cake Saturday and noticed when I put it in the pan that had left the cooking oil in the measuring cup so I poured the batter back in bowl, mixed up with the oil and placed back in pan. When I got the cake out of oven (all done), I noticed the box of pudding on the counter that I LEFT OUT of the cake Being in control and on top of things is my normal persona but WOW, I think it's leaving me!
storybookending 09:30 AM 01-11-2018
Once again only have 4/6 due to sicknesses but man is it still going awful today! Nap at 11:20.. I’m gonna regret this this afternoon but for my sanity it had to be done today.
amberrose3dg 10:39 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Once again only have 4/6 due to sicknesses but man is it still going awful today! Nap at 11:20.. I’m gonna regret this this afternoon but for my sanity it had to be done today.
No assistant again today and no idea if she is coming in tomorrow or if she is even coming back. Decided to run an ad on Indeed just in case. Got 40 resumes in less than 24 hours.
Kids are a mess and I needed to have my tb test read today.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 01:39 PM 01-11-2018
Diaper digger struck while I was trying to plate lunches.
MomBoss 06:28 AM 01-12-2018
I hate late drop offs! My curriculum starts at 8:45, anytime after that you are a distraction, you cause the group to lose focus, and take me away from teaching the kids!!!!!

Also, why dont people buy two carseats? One for moms car and one for dads? I bought a carseat for $20 at a garage sale, so whats the problem?
Its annoying that you have to leave your carseat and junk up my entryway.
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
I hate late drop offs! My curriculum starts at 8:45, anytime after that you are a distraction, you cause the group to lose focus, and take me away from teaching the kids!!!!!

Also, why dont people buy two carseats? One for moms car and one for dads? I bought a carseat for $20 at a garage sale, so whats the problem?
Its annoying that you have to leave your carseat and junk up my entryway.
Car seats really aren't meant to be removed daily so parents really should buy more than one if they are both going to regularly pick up.

Just a word of caution too...car seats left on your property adds you into the liability equation so I don't allow ANY car seats to be left here and if parents need to swap seats dad can drive to mom's work and get it or they can switch it out somewhere other than my property.

As for buying seats at garage sales, we are taught to never do that....you have no way of knowing if the safety of the seat was breached due to an accident etc. It's like helmets, never buy something used that is meant to protect your life. Way too risky.

I hear you about the late drop offs... they are definitely disruptive! I am thankful most my clients "can't wait" to drop off their kids so late drop offs aren't a regular thing here.
MomBoss 06:44 AM 01-12-2018
Car seats really aren't meant to be removed daily so parents really should buy more than one if they are both going to regularly pick up.

Just a word of caution too...car seats left on your property adds you into the liability equation so I don't allow ANY car seats to be left here and if parents need to swap seats dad can drive to mom's work and get it or they can switch it out somewhere other than my property.

As for buying seats at garage sales, we are taught to never do that....you have no way of knowing if the safety of the seat was breached due to an accident etc. It's like helmets, never buy something used that is meant to protect your life. Way too risky.

I hear you about the late drop offs... they are definitely disruptive! I am thankful most my clients "can't wait" to drop off their kids so late drop offs aren't a regular thing here.
The carseat is not recalled and if it was in a car accident and damaged, it would be noticable? Ive never bought a new carseat for my son. For every stage I bought one from a thrift store. I even was in a car accident and the carseat did its job. So i dont worry about that at all. Even if they dont want ro buy used, they can just buy another new one. Its reallt not THAT expensive Lol. & especially since its not the same parent picking up everyday, they should really save themselves some hassle and just buy another one.
I wish I put it in my policy about carseats, but I thought everyone was like me and bought more than one. Thankfully I am renewing contracts this month and can make changes!
MomBoss 06:46 AM 01-12-2018

What does your policy say about carseats?
Blackcat31 06:49 AM 01-12-2018
The carseat is not recalled and if it was in a car accident and damaged, it would be noticable? Ive never bought a new carseat for my son. For every stage I bought one from a thrift store. I even was in a car accident and the carseat did its job. So i dont worry about that at all. Even if they dont want ro buy used, they can just buy another new one. Its reallt not THAT expensive Lol. & especially since its not the same parent picking up everyday, they should really save themselves some hassle and just buy another one.
I wish I put it in my policy about carseats, but I thought everyone was like me and bought more than one. Thankfully I am renewing contracts this month and can make changes!
I agree that seats aren't that expensive and am also happy to hear you are going to make policy changes...it will save you the headache for sure.

I don't have kids in car seats any more and don't transport kids but used seats aren't safe for many reasons and just because nothing bad has happened while using a used seat, it still doesn't mean it's safe or recommended.

I know there is a ton of info out there about this topic and to each his/her own (I'm not lecturing ) I still feel better mentioning it/ Someone else might come along and read this thread and learn something new

Quick google search: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...ar-seats-safe/
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 01-12-2018
What does your policy say about carseats?
My handbook says:

Car Seats

Car seats may NOT be left on the child care property, either inside or out. No exceptions, please do not ask.

If another adult needs to pick-up or drop-off your child, you will need to make arrangements for the exchange of car seats.

If I am aware of a child being transported to or from child care without the use of the proper required child restraint seat, the authorities will immediately be notified as again, the safety and well being of your child is my priority.

LysesKids 08:14 AM 01-12-2018
Not all carseats show damage after an accident; It's a liability if you buy used & your insurance won't replace it for that fact alone if you are in a wreck. I also don't allow carseats be left on my property... no space, liability & they can harbor bugs/germs
amberrose3dg 09:17 AM 01-12-2018
My power went out which caused my smoke alarms to go crazy and that made my security system go off. I almost had the fire dept at my door. The poor kids had just laid down for nap. I doubt they will sleep now. My smoke alarm is the loudest thing you ever want to hear and it says fire, fire, fire, Carbon monoxide. I'm sure I scared some kids.
Now one of my detectors is beeping saying low battery. I replaced the batteries in it.

Happy Friday to me.
MomBoss 09:30 AM 01-12-2018
Not all carseats show damage after an accident; It's a liability if you buy used & your insurance won't replace it for that fact alone if you are in a wreck. I also don't allow carseats be left on my property... no space, liability & they can harbor bugs/germs
How would they know its used? The baby thrift store i buy from requires all paperwork to come with equiptment.
daycarediva 09:35 AM 01-12-2018
Unfortunately people lie about car seats having been in accidents.

I know a fireman who cuts the straps and marks the manufacturers part in sharpie. It's something HE does, and he has told his coworkers to as well.

My minor vent today- the sound of SIX thumb suckers at nap.
LysesKids 01:23 PM 01-12-2018
How would they know its used? The baby thrift store i buy from requires all paperwork to come with equiptment.
Having the paperwork is easy... proving it never was in an accident totally different; and if the person selling it is original owner, then yes, it's 2nd hand once the store buys/sells it
MomBoss 01:29 PM 01-12-2018
Having the paperwork is easy... proving it never was in an accident totally different; and if the person selling it is original owner, then yes, it's 2nd hand once the store buys/sells it
Oh no you said insurance wont replace a used carseat, so i was wondering how insurance would know it is used? Unless I misunderstood your comment.
LysesKids 04:57 PM 01-12-2018
Oh no you said insurance wont replace a used carseat, so i was wondering how insurance would know it is used? Unless I misunderstood your comment.
If they ask for receipt/proof of purchase, that receipt is proof... And my question to you is, how do you know it wasn't already in an accident if you bought it 2nd hand? Are you really, ready to risk a child's life for an unknown factor? Insurance will replace a carseat provided you can prove you bought NEW... also carseats do have an expiration date. Insurance won't compensate for an out of date either, so buying used isn't all that wise sometimes
MomBoss 05:52 PM 01-12-2018
If they ask for receipt/proof of purchase, that receipt is proof... And my question to you is, how do you know it wasn't already in an accident if you bought it 2nd hand? Are you really, ready to risk a child's life for an unknown factor? Insurance will replace a carseat provided you can prove you bought NEW... also carseats do have an expiration date. Insurance won't compensate for an out of date either, so buying used isn't all that wise sometimes
Carseats have been recalled though after people bought them new. So its no different in my eyes. Theres a risk to everything, even when you buy new. When i was in a car wreck, the used carseat protected my son. Buying anything used for baby- swing, crib, play yards-, could potentially be risks too.

I rather a low income/poverty person (me when i had my son 7 years ago) buy a used carseat then not use one at all because they cant afford a new one.
fifi 10:52 AM 01-13-2018
We have a little busybody at work. He's always coming up to me, saying so-and-so did this. So-and-so did this. Ms. F, you should do this, you really need to do that. I constantly tell him, "If it's not an emergency, I don't want to hear it." Or, "I am the teacher, not you. Your job is to have fun and make sure you are doing the right thing." Then he just stands there looking obstinate and doesn't say a thing. Twenty minutes later he's back again. He was getting a bit better, but after a week off at Christmas he is back full swing bossing me around.
BumbleBee 05:56 AM 01-14-2018
I am not your fall back plan. Whether you pulled your kid for cheaper rates, better hours, more academics, it doesn't matter to me. I am not your plan b. Your child is no longer enrolled.

The same goes for assistants who leave to start their own daycare, take a job with better benefits, pay, hours, closer to home. I am not your plan b. You are no longer employed here.

Just my Sunday morning vent!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51  ... Last
Reply Up