Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview
kelsey's kids 07:55 AM 11-19-2013
Do you call to confirm the interview time the day of?
MyAngels 07:59 AM 11-19-2013
I make them call me to confirm the day of. I make it clear that if they don't call I consider the interview cancelled.
kelsey's kids 08:05 AM 11-19-2013
Thats a goid idea
hope 08:10 AM 11-19-2013
I call to confirm the day of and it is then that I give my address. Still have no shows.
TwinKristi 09:00 AM 11-19-2013
I suppose it depends on how far in advance you book it. I don't but I've only had 1 no show.
Meeko 10:05 AM 11-19-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I make them call me to confirm the day of. I make it clear that if they don't call I consider the interview cancelled.
I do this too.

When making an appointment, I also tell them they have a time slot of 7pm to 7:30PM for example. I cancel any appointment if they are more than 10 minutes late even if they called to confirm they are coming. I tell them they must reschedule if late.

This helps them be on time as in the past too many think it's OK to arrive 20 minutes late and still stay as long as they like. If they know they only have a 30 minute time slot, they are more likely to arrive on time and not drag it out once they get here. It makes the point that my time is valuable and I am not available any time they feel like showing up.

Anyone appearing to make themselves comfortable and thinking it's a public playground for their child, gets a polite reminder when the interview is up.
renodeb 10:05 AM 11-19-2013
No, if they dont show up within 30 minutes of the scheduled time I consider them a no show and move on. If they cant call to cancel then I didn't want them in my dc anyways! I try and book with in that same week or start of next depending on what day.
Debbie
DaycareMom 10:07 AM 11-19-2013
I always call the day of to confirm an interview, and I have still gotten no shows. Good luck!
melilley 10:14 AM 11-19-2013
Originally Posted by renodeb:
No, if they dont show up within 30 minutes of the scheduled time I consider them a no show and move on. If they cant call to cancel then I didn't want them in my dc anyways! I try and book with in that same week or start of next depending on what day.
Debbie
Same here
kelsey's kids 11:08 AM 11-19-2013
Thank fully not a no show. I ahve had so manu lately it is frustrating. But she only wants part time and I desperately need full time as I only have two and lost of part timers.
Reply Up