Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Personalized Stuffed Animal
KayB 03:07 PM 11-13-2017
Someone had mentioned they had gotten their dck a personalized bear for Christmas one year off of Etsy. I am interested in finding out where this was ordered from but can't seem to find it....can someone help me out
lovemykidstoo 03:43 PM 11-13-2017
Here it is. Courtesy of Storybookending

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4773973..._home_active_6

I think that may be what you were talking about anyway
storybookending 03:44 PM 11-13-2017
I posted these that I got for my kiddos last year? If this is what you are interested in I can pm you the ladies Etsy shop name.
Attached: B16288AE-6030-461C-B8EC-2FA922D543B1.jpeg (257.9 KB) 
storybookending 03:45 PM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:

Hah or yeah this is her. I didn’t know if we were allowed to post links to stuff like that. I don’t know the girl personally or anything, just used her last year and I was happy with the items I received.
lovemykidstoo 03:45 PM 11-13-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I posted these that I got for my kiddos last year? If this is what you are interested in I can pm you the ladies Etsy shop name.
I just love those. I was thinking of doing those with a book that went along with them. Any ideas of books that would go with them good?
lovemykidstoo 03:46 PM 11-13-2017
Hah or yeah this is her. I didn’t know if we were allowed to post links to stuff like that. I don’t know the girl personally or anything, just used her last year and I was happy with the items I received.
Oh shoot, I didn't even think of that. If it's not allowed, someone can delete for me. Sorry
storybookending 03:46 PM 11-13-2017
I just love those. I was thinking of doing those with a book that went along with them. Any ideas of books that would go with them good?
I’m in a book dilemma myself actually! I was thinking of doing books with xmas pjs this year. Haven’t looked into what book/books yet though.
lovemykidstoo 03:49 PM 11-13-2017
I’m in a book dilemma myself actually! I was thinking of doing books with xmas pjs this year. Haven’t looked into what book/books yet though.
I did the mini pillow pets one year and those kids loved that. I wonder how much it would be to make small (pack and play size) fleece blankets. You know the kind you cut and tie. How many yard would you need for that?
storybookending 03:52 PM 11-13-2017
I did the mini pillow pets one year and those kids loved that. I wonder how much it would be to make small (pack and play size) fleece blankets. You know the kind you cut and tie. How many yard would you need for that?
I just did crib sized tie blankets for my kids in September (to stay here on their toddler beds for nap). Fleece is not cheap! Cost me almost $70 to make the four blankets. I did a cute pattern on the top and basic gray on the bottom.. the basic gray is why is got so expensive.. it was excluded from the sale they were having at Jo Ann’s. I’m happy how they turned out though.
lovemykidstoo 03:55 PM 11-13-2017
I just did crib sized tie blankets for my kids in September (to stay here on their toddler beds for nap). Fleece is not cheap! Cost me almost $70 to make the four blankets. I did a cute pattern on the top and basic gray on the bottom.. the basic gray is why is got so expensive.. it was excluded from the sale they were having at Jo Ann’s. I’m happy how they turned out though.
Shoot. Scratch that idea then. How many yards did you use? I read it's like 1 1/2 yards, but that would be double right because you have 2 sheets of it.
storybookending 03:59 PM 11-13-2017
Shoot. Scratch that idea then. How many yards did you use? I read it's like 1 1/2 yards, but that would be double right because you have 2 sheets of it.
Yeah I just did 1 yard (so 1 yd top 1 yd bottom) and it doesn’t quite cover the whole mattress but all my kids in toddler beds are obviously old enough to have pillows and the pillows cover the few inches at the top when the beds are made and they are plently big to cover my girls when in the beds. I’ve been trying to upload a photo of them but it keeps failing.
storybookending 04:04 PM 11-13-2017

Testing
lovemykidstoo 04:17 PM 11-13-2017

Testing
Those are cute! Do they go underneath the pillows? Just trying to judge size.
lovemykidstoo 04:21 PM 11-13-2017
Maybe we should start a thread about that. The hard part would be to get a book they don't already have.
storybookending 04:32 PM 11-13-2017
Those are cute! Do they go underneath the pillows? Just trying to judge size.
Yes they fight most of the crib mattress under the pillow. They are all slightly different sizes, probably from how I cut the strips as I just freehand cut them. I’d say they are about 6 inches shorter than the mattress length.

Maybe we should start a thread about that. The hard part would be to get a book they don't already have.
That’s why I haven’t looked into it much. I hear from so many of the parents how many books they have. Two families have actually donated excess books to the daycare already so I’m hesitant to just give them more and might just do the pjs and a little edible treat or something instead.
lovemykidstoo 05:26 PM 11-13-2017
Yes they fight most of the crib mattress under the pillow. They are all slightly different sizes, probably from how I cut the strips as I just freehand cut them. I’d say they are about 6 inches shorter than the mattress length.

That’s why I haven’t looked into it much. I hear from so many of the parents how many books they have. Two families have actually donated excess books to the daycare already so I’m hesitant to just give them more and might just do the pjs and a little edible treat or something instead.
Same here. I hear all the time how many books they have. Really leaning towards the blankets. If I can get a good deal on fleece. By the time I bought a book and the little stuffed animals with their name on it, it'd be close in price anyway.
storybookending 06:17 PM 11-13-2017
Well my decision was just made I just logged into target.com to check on the pjs I had put in my cart for the kiddos and they are 20% off.

I got these for the girls
https://www.target.com/p/toddler-gir...t/-/A-52351921

And these for the boys
https://www.target.com/p/toddler-boy...t/-/A-52351891

I have 4 girls (all in 3T) so I got two sets of those and I’ll give each girl one pair of the PJs. The bottoms will be a little big on my youngest but she’s my niece and she’ll also be getting family presents from me so I’m not worried about it.

Both my my boys are in size 18-24months clothes so I just got them 2T. If they’re a little big it’s okay they are just pjs.

So far we are at $6.41 per kid.
lovemykidstoo 06:50 PM 11-13-2017
Well my decision was just made I just logged into target.com to check on the pjs I had put in my cart for the kiddos and they are 20% off.

I got these for the girls
https://www.target.com/p/toddler-gir...t/-/A-52351921

And these for the boys
https://www.target.com/p/toddler-boy...t/-/A-52351891

I have 4 girls (all in 3T) so I got two sets of those and I’ll give each girl one pair of the PJs. The bottoms will be a little big on my youngest but she’s my niece and she’ll also be getting family presents from me so I’m not worried about it.

Both my my boys are in size 18-24months clothes so I just got them 2T. If they’re a little big it’s okay they are just pjs.

So far we are at $6.41 per kid.
Those are so cute!!! Great find!
storybookending 07:16 PM 11-13-2017
Those are so cute!!! Great find!
What are the odds I’ll ever have a perfect number of kids all the same sizes?
Josiegirl 02:43 AM 11-14-2017
As far as the book concerns, you could write a little something personal in the front of each book and maybe it would hold more of a keepsake value then?
I've been looking all over amazon for special books for my dcks. I found Carl Sams ll books about nature/winter/photography. I love them because the pictures are gorgeous; I think those are the ones I'm looking towards for the dcks. Or if you have a local author that could sign them; for example, Reeve Lindbergh lives close by and every once in awhile visits a book store or library and does book signings.
Snowmom 06:57 AM 11-14-2017
Just FYI for anyone looking for more personalized gift ideas:

Every year around Thanksgiving, Disney ("shopdisney") has an online special and slashes their prices on gifts. You can get them personalized really cheap too.

I got personalized fleece blankets that had my choice of Disney characters embroidered on the corner for about $10 each.

Actually, you can order them on sale right now for $12 and free shipping: https://www.shopdisney.com/spider-ma...izable-1435911

Personalizing is extra ($6).
lovemykidstoo 07:04 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Just FYI for anyone looking for more personalized gift ideas:

Every year around Thanksgiving, Disney ("shopdisney") has an online special and slashes their prices on gifts. You can get them personalized really cheap too.

I got personalized fleece blankets that had my choice of Disney characters embroidered on the corner for about $10 each.

Actually, you can order them on sale right now for $12 and free shipping: https://www.shopdisney.com/spider-ma...izable-1435911

Personalizing is extra ($6).
Dang, I wish that included personalizing! Are you getting them without them being personalized?
Snowmom 07:22 AM 11-14-2017
Dang, I wish that included personalizing! Are you getting them without them being personalized?
I bought them 2 years ago. I waited until Thanksgiving weekend, when they were even lower in price with free shipping.

Also, if you use Ebates, there is a 4% cash back on Shop Disney. So, you will get cash back too.
Snowmom 07:25 AM 11-14-2017
You could probably use coupon codes too.
I just did a quick search and saw two. One for $10 off $50: DRVCPEACE

And there was another one for $20 off $100 too.
lovemykidstoo 08:34 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I bought them 2 years ago. I waited until Thanksgiving weekend, when they were even lower in price with free shipping.

Also, if you use Ebates, there is a 4% cash back on Shop Disney. So, you will get cash back too.
I'm going to keep an eye on them. That's a perfect gift. I do have ebates too and saw the 4% yea! Love Ebates!
Josiegirl 10:26 AM 11-14-2017
I'm going to keep an eye on them. That's a perfect gift. I do have ebates too and saw the 4% yea! Love Ebates!
If they're the same Disney fleece blankets that BC told us about, I got them too(year before last I think?). They were really nice blankets, big, fluffy and the dcks loved that they had their names on them. Plus most kids have their fav Disney characters so everybody got one that they liked.
lovemykidstoo 10:27 AM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
If they're the same Disney fleece blankets that BC told us about, I got them too(year before last I think?). They were really nice blankets, big, fluffy and the dcks loved that they had their names on them. Plus most kids have their fav Disney characters so everybody got one that they liked.
I'm going to keep checking. Maybe they'll have a good deal on Cyber Monday.
KayB 12:43 PM 11-14-2017

It is!! Thank you!!
Tags:stuffed animals
Reply Up