Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Excessive Rocking
cheerfuldom 01:57 PM 09-19-2011
I have a 2 year old here that I have had since she was an infant. She has always rocked to sleep but it was never for more than a few minutes. Now her one nap (3 hours per day) has turned into a time for her to rock and do repetitive noises (we are talking about an hour or more, easily). I have tried to tell her to stop and she does, for a bit but is there anything I can do to stop this habit? Its just becoming more and longer and adding in noise. Each kid is in their own pack and play, in their own room so its really not that big of a deal for her to do it but it is really excessive at this point. Also, the room she is in does not have carpet so the pack and play ends up scooting to a wall or door and then you hear the bang, bang, bang of the pack and play hitting something over and over (I am putting a rug in there today!). Any ideas to stop this behavior outside of having her nap right next to me? She is special needs (no specific diagnosis but significant delays in every area which are being addressed) so not sure how or if this plays into it.....
Blackcat31 02:51 PM 09-19-2011
My brother used to rock himself to sleep and would bang his head much like you described in your dcg. The Dr.'s were never concerned because all other development was on track. I think he still does it sometimes (LOL!!! He is 35)

I would google it and see what the experts say.... I found this site that doesn't make it seem very concerning. http://pediatrics.about.com/od/weekl...ad_banging.htm
Tags:self sooth
Reply Up