Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Websites
Auntie'sHouse 12:48 PM 01-08-2013
After reading all of the info about websites I decided to create one on my own....1st time. I must have republished it 22 times in 2 weeks. I asked family and friends to check it out and clearly they didnt even bother to read any of it because I myself found errors in it. I guess only parents actually looking for daycare will actually read it...smh! I was so excited about it I pressed the publish button right away. I keep finding new things to add to it. The response I kept getting was that it was too long. I did shorten it but then remembered parents who are looking for daycare WILL read it. I went with godaddy for the domain name which i was also told was way long. I figured parents can remember 4 words. So my site is godaddy. It cost $40, domain included for the year. It doesnt give you fun things to put on your site like animated objects or anything. So my site is bright....and thats it I guess. Please check it out and tell me what you think. Im still tweaking it though. Thanks
www.auntieshousehomedaycare.com
www.facebook.com/auntieshousehomedaycare
Willow 12:59 PM 01-08-2013
I don't think it's too long at all (mine has waaaay more information lol) so I think you're just fine there. It's tough to get some people to understand why going into great detail is exactly what some parents need to make that first step to call!

I am wondering about the $40 fee though. I go through weebly and everything has been free. I'm curious if those more seasoned with web design could explain the differences?
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 01-08-2013
I like your site. I think you did a nice job and it is definitely not too much info at all.

The only comment or suggestion I would make though is on your daily schedule page, the info you ahve there about what things you do during the day should be separated into different sections or areas so that it doesn't read as one long run on paragraph.

I would make each area a bolded title and then info below it. One for Large Motor skills, Small Motor skills, Language, Math & Science....etc.

Oh, and those cookies are in your photo section...... I would like one please! They look YUMMY!
melilley 02:22 PM 01-08-2013
I really like your website! One thing I noticed though is the word responsibility reads resp0nsibility.
Kim 03:28 PM 01-08-2013
Love all the pics! I agree about reorganizing the schedule section so it's not a paragraph.

And howdy neighbor- I'm in Maryland too (Cecil County)
Michael 04:09 PM 01-08-2013
I posted this on the Websites page and will copy it here:

I had a chance to look at your address at my desk. I like it and have several suggestion or observations.

It looks very patriotic with the red, white and blue. Was that on purpose?
I would not have your text in blue since that color is identified as a link to me. Links do not have to have to be underlined anymore.

Are you the artist in the music? If not, I would not use it. People usually don't sit and wait for the music to finish. They are usually looking though your content for something specific about you and your daycare. I know you may be trying to create ambiance but it actually distracts when switching through your pages as the ambiance from one page stops and a new song begins with a new page. Almost makes me not want to disrupt the song.

ON your frontpage, I would remove "Auntie's House Home Daycare" that sits on top of the picture and put it where "Welcome to Auntie's House" currently is. The two titles seems redundant to me.

Lastly, in the About Us page. I would like to read more about you and your methods and experience.

Hope that helps.
Auntie'sHouse 08:28 AM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I really like your website! One thing I noticed though is the word responsibility reads resp0nsibility.
lol i tried changing the font and it seems to be stuck ill probably have to call godaddy to help...good eye lol
Auntie'sHouse 08:30 AM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I like your site. I think you did a nice job and it is definitely not too much info at all.

The only comment or suggestion I would make though is on your daily schedule page, the info you ahve there about what things you do during the day should be separated into different sections or areas so that it doesn't read as one long run on paragraph.

I would make each area a bolded title and then info below it. One for Large Motor skills, Small Motor skills, Language, Math & Science....etc.

Oh, and those cookies are in your photo section...... I would like one please! They look YUMMY!
thank you for taking the time to check it. ill fix that paragraph asap. and the cookies looked better than they tasted lol
Auntie'sHouse 08:31 AM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by Kim:
Love all the pics! I agree about reorganizing the schedule section so it's not a paragraph.

And howdy neighbor- I'm in Maryland too (Cecil County)
howdy...
MarinaVanessa 12:23 PM 01-10-2013
I definitely don't think that your web page is too long. Like Willow said ... mine is also WAY longer than yours. From my own experience in talking to potential clients they appreciate when there is more information because they really get an idea as to what the daycare is about. My Website

I think you did a great job. Here is just some creative criticism about what I would change if it were my website ... keep in mind though that I'm a little OCD when it comes to this type of stuff (please don't take it offensively and by all means if you like how something on your website is then please leave it no matter what I say ):

In General:
Home page:
Photos:
I love how your photo album is easy to use and the person viewing can select the thumbnails they want to look at. I also think it's great the the photos change quickly and don't take a long time to load.
I also love that you created a separate album for photos of your space.
Overall for it being your first website it's really great. You put pretty much all of the most important stuff on your site. Over time you'll change some things and it'll evolve. You might also want to think about adding a FAQ page with all of the most commonly asked question that people ask on the phone and during interviews. Again great job .
Reply Up