Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>PnPs- Full Size or Mini?
EchoMom 06:13 AM 12-19-2013
Anyone use exclusively mini PNPs? They save so much space and fit through doorways easily. My babies never utilize the space in a full size anyway. They either sleep in them or stand in one corner of it complaining to get out. But minis are so expensive which makes no sense!
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 12-19-2013
The CPSC released new play yard/PNP standards a little while ago.

Here are the regulations. I would try and follow these guidelines regardless of whether your state requires you to or not. Safety should always be a factor.

I think if either the mini PNP's and/or the standard full size ones meet the safe sleep regulations, you should be fine with either choice.

http://www.cpsc.gov/onsafety/2013/02...o-take-effect/

kelsey's kids 07:01 AM 12-19-2013
I have 1 mini and 2 full sized I love my mini but can't find more or I would just use them. Personally I have overnight kids to that range in age and I use my mini for babies but if you have a 2 year old the mini is a little small for them. I would use exclusively mini for this reason I would keep at least 1 regular.
Maria2013 09:43 AM 12-19-2013
I've never seen a mini, how much smaller are they?
kelsey's kids 09:57 AM 12-19-2013
The difference is about 4 inches in length and 2 inches in width. Some are also shorter but mine are the same height. It doesn't sound like a big difference but in a small are it does make a difference
Unregistered 10:00 AM 12-19-2013
In a small area or having several pnps it made a huge difference. I can fit four minis in the same spot I used to have three fulls.
Maria2013 11:25 AM 12-25-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
The CPSC released new play yard/PNP standards a little while ago.

Here are the regulations. I would try and follow these guidelines regardless of whether your state requires you to or not. Safety should always be a factor.

I think if either the mini PNP's and/or the standard full size ones meet the safe sleep regulations, you should be fine with either choice.

http://www.cpsc.gov/onsafety/2013/02...o-take-effect/

I was looking for the thread where we discussed the new regulations on PNP, I believe that's the link but it only opens white pages, can you bump up that thread so I can post my question please?
renodeb 10:00 PM 12-25-2013
I use the regular sized ones. I have two with bassinet inserts that drop down to the bottom of the crib when the child is old enough.
Maria2013 05:28 AM 12-26-2013
I need to buy 2 right now but I don't know what brand meets the new standards, please, can someone help me choose one?
crazydaycarelady 08:51 AM 12-26-2013
I don't have any minis but I would love to get some since I have 6 pnps set up! Where do you get them?
LaLa1923 02:50 PM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
I need to buy 2 right now but I don't know what brand meets the new standards, please, can someone help me choose one?
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I don't have any minis but I would love to get some since I have 6 pnps set up! Where do you get them?
Graco is the best and I own two. They are pricey but resell very well. More than any other pack and play.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

above is the one I have, I also bought one from a grandmom in brand new condition from craigslist for only $40!
Maria2013 03:35 PM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Graco is the best and I own two. They are pricey but resell very well. More than any other pack and play.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

above is the one I have, I also bought one from a grandmom in brand new condition from craigslist for only $40!
Thanks LaLa but all 3 of mine are Graco, that's the only brand I've ever used, but they're not made like they used to make them, this ones are couple of years old and have the crease in the mat (the older Graco didn't) they look way older than they are
I'm also looking for one that doesn't have the sharp "V" when the side drops, I mean are the ones that meet new regulations even on the market yet?
LaLa1923 04:36 PM 12-26-2013
Thanks LaLa but all 3 of mine are Graco, that's the only brand I've ever used, but they're not made like they used to make them, this ones are couple of years old and have the crease in the mat (the older Graco didn't) they look way older than they are
I'm also looking for one that doesn't have the sharp "V" when the side drops, I mean are the ones that meet new regulations even on the market yet?
These do NOT have a sharp V. None of the pack and plays I use or bought have it. When you press the button it is more like this shape----> Ll

I bought every make and model sold at Walmart and compared them all!! Graco still beat them all! The mats were the thickest and they folded the easiest!!
Maria2013 07:21 PM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
These do NOT have a sharp V. None of the pack and plays I use or bought have it. When you press the button it is more like this shape----> Ll

I bought every make and model sold at Walmart and compared them all!! Graco still beat them all! The mats were the thickest and they folded the easiest!!
I'll have to go check out the new models then
..do yours have sawing lines on the mat to separate the sections of cardboard? my old ones used to but the ones I want to replace do not and that's why the mat gets all messed up
LaLa1923 06:49 AM 12-27-2013
I'll have to go check out the new models then
..do yours have sawing lines on the mat to separate the sections of cardboard? my old ones used to but the ones I want to replace do not and that's why the mat gets all messed up
yes they do. But in the Graco model the cardboard does not move and the plush top stays in place, unlike a lot of other brands I tried.

I scored 2 more mini pnps on cl for $100!
Tags:pack and play, pnp
Reply Up