Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Preschool Teacher

Default 5 Year Old Clinging to Mom

5 year old dropped off, clinging to mom

Mom has worried look on her face and telling you how attached this one is to her

Boy has smile on his face that mom cannot see

What is your take?

I know what mine is, but I want to see if it matches yours.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

He's playing her...kids are smart, he knows what gets to her. Maybe if she feels bad enough she'll take him to McDonalds for dinner
Old 02-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Daycare.com Member

Totally playing. I had a dcb like this and he would act shy/hide behind Mom and be peeking at me & smiling the entire time. Mom really thought he had separation anxiety.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Nature Lover

Call him out on it!

Little Johnny why are you clinging to mom and smiling at me? Moms all worried about you but I can tell you are just fine.

Grab his hand and proceed with your morning-bye mom-
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Preschool Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Kids View Post
Call him out on it!

Little Johnny why are you clinging to mom and smiling at me? Moms all worried about you but I can tell you are just fine.

Grab his hand and proceed with your morning-bye mom-
Thanks guys, of course WE know! I did tell mom it was an act for her benefit.

Tags
5 year old, clingy, separation anxiety