Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michael - Forum Question
mamac 08:14 PM 04-08-2013
Is there any way to make changes to this forum to be able to save certain posts? I know there is a subscribe option for an entire thread but it would be nice to save individual posts that contain those "words of wisdom" that I'm sure many of us would like to refer back to as the need arises. I am posting as a new thread in case anyone else has thoughts on this.
Michael 02:20 AM 04-09-2013
That is an interesting question. I know that each post has a number on the right side in order of their appearance. If you click on that number its gives you a specific URL address like this: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showpo...81&postcount=9

You could always save those addresses in a file and use them later if you catalog them. Just thinking out loud.

Chime in if any other members have suggestions?
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 04-09-2013
I have a file folder on my desktop.

I copy and past those "words of wisdom" or things I want to save to Word.

I title the document and save it in my file folder. Easy peasy and super quick to access it because I can label/name the document whatever I want.

I also have a folder in my Favorites list that I will save the link to a thread that I want to keep and maybe reference later. Again, easy peasy.

Since none of the threads are deleted, it works like a charm.

Plus in this business documentation is EVERYTHING so no difference when it comes to info from Daycare.com either.
mamac 01:40 PM 04-10-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
I know that each post has a number on the right side in order of their appearance. This I knew....

If you click on that number its gives you a specific URL address like this: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showpo...81&postcount=9 This I had no idea about.
You could always save those addresses in a file and use them later if you catalog them. Just thinking out loud.

Chime in if any other members have suggestions?
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a file folder on my desktop.

I copy and past those "words of wisdom" or things I want to save to Word.

I title the document and save it in my file folder. Easy peasy and super quick to access it because I can label/name the document whatever I want.

I also have a folder in my Favorites list that I will save the link to a thread that I want to keep and maybe reference later. Again, easy peasy.

Since none of the threads are deleted, it works like a charm.

Plus in this business documentation is EVERYTHING so no difference when it comes to info from Daycare.com either.
Originally Posted by Michael:
I think I may do a combination of all these. Although I must admit I was hoping for a way to store the info online instead of on my computer. I'm a bit of a pack rat when it comes to clicking and saving things I've seen online.
Tags:forum questions
Reply Up