Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Wish People Would "Get It"
Thriftylady 04:16 PM 08-20-2015
I talked to a lady a couple of weeks ago about care gave her a quote (a lowball one) for her part-time care of $45 a week. Prices are low here because of the law any SAHM can do daycare. So she calls today for an interview, and says oh and now we only need one day a week (8 hrs) so I give her a new quote for $20 a day (going rate here). She says "but it was only $45 before (2 days one week, 3 days the next I quoted her $45 pick up by 3:30 PM). Yes, I only quoted her that, but for that amount of money I was not worried about working another PT child in there, I was willing to take that amount for the space and call it good. Today she calls me and now they are trying to save money and only want one day a week (third shifters so while they sleep, grandma has them at night). I quote her $20 a day, because that is the going daily rate in my are for a "real" childcare provider. Now she doesn't want to pay that.

I explained to her that one day a week (on the rotating days she wants it will change each week) that I am loosing $65 a week because I can't put a full time child in that spot and working a pt child around it will be very hard. She says "oh I understand that". Well you must not because you now don't want to pay it.

Sigh She also wants me to do a background check told me that when we first talked and I told her I would but SHE has to pay for it, because I would not be making enough off the child to cover the expense at my low rates. Why do people want high dollar wine daycare on a water budget? Oh and on the one day a week, she wants her child ready for school.
Play Care 04:33 PM 08-20-2015
That stinks!

It really sounds as if FCC is just not really feasible in your area
Thriftylady 04:36 PM 08-20-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
That stinks!

It really sounds as if FCC is just not really feasible in your area
Yeah but people do need it, centers are expensive. If it wasn't that "everyone could do it:", it wouldn't be so bad and it is what I love. And, hubby needs me home, well no he wants me home to help him deal with his truck driving stuff, and I am the only parent in the house. Hubby thinks I am his personal secretary, but his checks don't show it lol. Did I mention this is what I love?
Tags:cheap rates, parents - are clueless
Reply Up