Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Macaroni And Cheese Please!
Blackcat31 01:51 PM 08-31-2011
I am looking for a super good, really cheesy home made recipe. Not one the daycare kids will love (bonus if they do) but one I can make at my house for dinner.

My DH is a cheese freak and wants to find the "one" that is above all others.....

Anyone have that kind of macaroni and cheese recipe they wish to share?
DesertFlowers 03:45 PM 08-31-2011
I use Rhee Drummond the pioneer woman's recipe, it is to die for:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...caroni-cheese/
SilverSabre25 04:19 PM 08-31-2011
1 16 oz box of elbow macaroni
1 16 oz cottage cheese
1 8 oz sour cream
1 8 oz brick of extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, grate cheese (DO NOT just buy the cheese pre-shredded, it's better freshly shredded!!!) and combine with other ingredients in large mixing bowl. When pasta is done, drain and add to cheese mixture. Stir gently until well mixed. Pour into 9x13" glass casserole dish or 2 8x8" glass casserole dishes. bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Blackcat31 07:17 PM 08-31-2011
thanks ladies, I am going to try them both!

Silver...cottage cheese huh? I have never heard of that in mac and cheese but it sounds delicious! I also agree about the shredding it yourself idea. Totally true.
SilverSabre25 07:42 PM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
thanks ladies, I am going to try them both!

Silver...cottage cheese huh? I have never heard of that in mac and cheese but it sounds delicious! I also agree about the shredding it yourself idea. Totally true.
cottage cheese, yep. Small curd. It is sooo good. This is my mom's mac n cheese recipe. We usually ate it as an entree with a green veggie on the side. Mmmm.

Curse you, now I want some and I can't have it! Bah!
familyschoolcare 07:13 AM 09-01-2011
16 oz macaroni noodles
1 package (yields 2 cups) country gravy mix
4 cups pf your favorite shredded cheese

1. Cook macaroni according to directions (the smallest amount of time, example if the package say 10-12 min 10min, it is better to slightly under-cook the noodles with the recipe, they will cook more in the oven) drain noodles right away run cold water over then right away
2. Mix gravy mix with milk (even if instructions say to use water) place a small amount in the bottom of a 9X9 glass dish
3. Mix noodles and cheese, place in dish
4. Pour remaining gravy over/into the macaroni and cheese
5. Bake at 350 for 1 hour

**May be assembled ahead of time and place in ref. add 15 min to bake time
**May be doubled and placed in 9X13 glass dish cooking time/temp the same
canadiancare 10:28 AM 02-01-2013
I know this is an old thread but this recipe is delicious if you like cheese.
more for adults than daycare kids because it is $$$
Former Teacher 11:22 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
1 16 oz box of elbow macaroni
1 16 oz cottage cheese
1 8 oz sour cream
1 8 oz brick of extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, grate cheese (DO NOT just buy the cheese pre-shredded, it's better freshly shredded!!!) and combine with other ingredients in large mixing bowl. When pasta is done, drain and add to cheese mixture. Stir gently until well mixed. Pour into 9x13" glass casserole dish or 2 8x8" glass casserole dishes. bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Silver:

I SO want to try this! However I have a few questions. Just being curious Does it really make a difference if I did use the pre-shredded cheese?

Also what do you think about using the light version of the cottage cheese as well as the sour cream?

MMM my mouth cant stop watering
Scout 11:33 AM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by DesertFlowers:
I use Rhee Drummond the pioneer woman's recipe, it is to die for:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...caroni-cheese/
Made this for lunch today since we can't eat meat...yummy!!
Tags:cheese, macaroni and cheese, pasta, recipe
Reply Up