Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Everything is covered in spit and snot
Turquoise14 08:09 AM 12-18-2014
I feel like I tell 2 year old dcb to get his face off things all day long. He has a snotty nose most of the time that I can't keep up with, and has his tongue out of his mouth 90% of the time. Then he rubs his face on my couch, toys, floor, other kids, etc. he is totally grossing me out. Parents send him with a pacifier in his mouth which I remove as soon as they leave. He is a super orally oriented kid, but is finally beginning to understand at I don't like it when he puts toys directly in his mouth. I almost want to keep that pacifier in to protect my home!
preschoolteacher 08:10 AM 12-18-2014
I did that before. I let a kid use his pacifier because otherwise he was constantly oozing massive amounts of drool and snot , seriously, bucket fulls. It helped!
Wednesday! 08:14 AM 12-18-2014
There's a little device, like a soft cloth bracelet, made specifically for snotty toddlers. I'm sure you could easily rig one up tho. It kind of looks like a big hair scrunchy. They wear it on their wrists and you teach them/remind them constantly to wipes their noses on the scrunchy instead of their clothes, your couch, etc. They won't slow down long enough to come to you for a tissue and we all know you can't catch every drippy nose! I have them, but haven't actually had to use them yet. I'm sure they get yucky fast, so have more than one of you try it.
Leigh 11:51 AM 12-18-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
There's a little device, like a soft cloth bracelet, made specifically for snotty toddlers. I'm sure you could easily rig one up tho. It kind of looks like a big hair scrunchy. They wear it on their wrists and you teach them/remind them constantly to wipes their noses on the scrunchy instead of their clothes, your couch, etc. They won't slow down long enough to come to you for a tissue and we all know you can't catch every drippy nose! I have them, but haven't actually had to use them yet. I'm sure they get yucky fast, so have more than one of you try it.
I don't know what sounds worse, cleaning it off one spot on my couch or having that snotty bracelet touch everything in the house. I have a 2yo here with bad allergies, and his parents say that they can't give him anything for it (according to their ped, he is too young). I FINALLY taught him to get himself a Kleenex, wipe his nose and throw it away. It makes life easier. Let us know what you think of the bracelet after you use it!
daycare 12:06 PM 12-18-2014
yuck, I just threw up in my mouth reading your post....lol

I can handle about anything but snot.....
Luna 12:14 PM 12-18-2014
I had one like that too. If she stayed still for any length of time there'd be a puddle of slobber there. I wished for some kind of bucket to attach under her chin to catch it all, and the poor thing always had a rash around her mouth. Then she'd sneeze and have coughing fits...oh my, I feel for you!
That bracelet doesn't sound appealing, maybe it's better than what I'm envisioning?
Wednesday! 12:40 PM 12-18-2014
It DOES sound gross, but it can get desperate around here sometimes.
preschoolteacher 01:03 PM 12-18-2014
A bunch of cloth bibs with actual shirt neck holes work so they're snug and can't easily be pulled off. Keep it on the kid and wipe as needed. Change the bib a lot, and it could help.
Reply Up