Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Form 4562 Military Housing?
Nisaryn 04:11 PM 01-25-2016
Hello Tom,

I'm looking at Form 4562 and I don't think there is anything I can fill out on it. We live in military privatized housing so we don't pay for any of the repairs, utilities, or any other type of upkeep. We do have our BAH taken every month so in a way we do pay 'rent' but as far as I can tell I can't fill any of this out...I use the home for business but I'm just not sure how to fill this out. Do I need to fill this form out at all? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
TomCopeland 10:16 AM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
Hello Tom,

I'm looking at Form 4562 and I don't think there is anything I can fill out on it. We live in military privatized housing so we don't pay for any of the repairs, utilities, or any other type of upkeep. We do have our BAH taken every month so in a way we do pay 'rent' but as far as I can tell I can't fill any of this out...I use the home for business but I'm just not sure how to fill this out. Do I need to fill this form out at all? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
You don't fill out Form 4562 unless you are depreciating a home improvement or fence or furniture and appliances.
Reply Up