Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The 2+ Crowd?
Nisaryn 11:34 AM 02-17-2016
So I'm thinking of cutting a part time infant so I can have up to 3 toddlers, what types of toys, equipment etc. should I have? I'm worried all my toys are too babyish for kids over 2.
Controlled Chaos 12:12 PM 02-17-2016
I have children 6m-5yo right now and almost all the kids play with all the toys. Legos, magna tiles, trucks, plastic animals and people, markers, paper, scissors, glue, baby dolls and play doh are the current big hits.
mamamanda 03:17 PM 02-17-2016
Puzzles, trains, and baby dolls seem to be a common theme in the toddler group. And blocks...lots of blocks. I'm trying to think of extra "equipment" for toddlers vs infants and the only thing I can really think of is maybe footstools for the bathroom when they wash their hands and booster seats or a child size table for when they eat? Also, we have a child sized table that my toddlers love to sit at to color or work puzzles. They like getting in and out of the seats by themselves.
NillaWafers 04:12 PM 02-17-2016
Baby dolls are huge here. Duplos, wooden train tracks, blocks and cars get played with daily. I have a few puzzles that the older set likes more. Oh and a kitchen with food is awesome, they love it.
BabyMonkeys 04:36 PM 02-17-2016
I have two 25m and a 19m that love anything Little People. We have the tractor, a couple of school busses, a couple of airplanes, a firetruck, and assorted other stuff. They will play with them for hours every day. They really like blocks too. They used to have a ball pit, which has long since been destroyed, but they still have around 100 balls that they throw around all day. Those are really the only toys that get played with very much around here.
childcaremom 02:06 AM 02-18-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I have children 6m-5yo right now and almost all the kids play with all the toys. Legos, magna tiles, trucks, plastic animals and people, markers, paper, scissors, glue, baby dolls and play doh are the current big hits.

I've gone on about them before but magna tiles are the best things ever!
Controlled Chaos 10:04 AM 02-18-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:

I've gone on about them before but magna tiles are the best things ever!
lol as I was typing it I was thinking "at the risk of sounding like a broken record" but seriously!
Unregistered 05:10 PM 02-19-2016
When I have all 2's and under not too many toys with lots of pieces, instead of a whole bin of little people I have out a bin with about six little people animals, just a small amount of food/dishes in toy kitchen (or they dump and walk away), trucks & cars, a few buckets (like Easter buckets) for filling and carrying around, a few grocery carts (they love to push them and I have the room), puzzles with knobs, in/out or rolling ball toys (I have one of those you put balls into and push a button and ball roll out), dolls, blankets, stuffed animals, push toys like strollers.
Tags:2 year olds
Reply Up