Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Consider FT/PT?
littlemisssunshine 02:34 PM 05-24-2012
basically how many hours is FT & PT for you?
cheerfuldom 03:10 PM 05-24-2012
I charge $140 for full time care for five days a week. If they are here for any amount of time for each day of the week, they are full time.

I do take part timers if I cannot find full timers (which is the norm lately) and charge $30 per day regardless of whether they are here from opening to close or not. I also require a schedule in advance and try to take only one part timer at a time.

I do not offer any discounts for any reason
spud912 03:13 PM 05-24-2012
Part-time is 5-30 hours and is paid hourly. Once it gets close to 30 hours, the hourly wage is slightly higher than full-time rates.

Full time is 30-50 hours and is paid weekly.

0-5 hours is paid a higher babysitter hourly wage. 50+ hours is paid even higher as overtime.
MarinaVanessa 03:30 PM 05-24-2012
For me
FT is 30-50 hours, 10 hours per day max, guaranteed spot, set schedule.
PT is 29 hours or less, 10 hours per day max, guaranteed spot, set schedule.
Drop-In is pay-per-stay, $40 per day for 10 hours or $5 per hour if less than 8 hours, based on availability, spot not guaranteed.
daycare123 03:56 PM 05-24-2012
Part time for me is up to 25 hours a week
full time is my open hours to close, which is 10 hours a day. Most kids are here 9 hours.
Drop in is 25 a day minimum of 3 days a week up to 10 hr days
MyAngels 06:50 AM 05-25-2012
I consider part time anything under 25 hours per week, full time is 25 to 50 hours (I'm open 10 hours each day). My part time rate equates to a 20% discount from my full time rate.
dEHmom 07:01 AM 05-25-2012
4 hours per day. I don't bother with how many hours per week. IF we have room for casual/drop in we charge based on hours (under 4 hours it's half the rate, once you hit 4 hours it's a full day. If I am sitting on a space and no one is using it, I will accept part time but advise them that if someone wants the full time space they can either bump up to full time or lose it. I also don't guarantee the part time space will be available, as I mentioned, I treat it like a casual.

Honestly, not very many providers around here do part time. Everyone is fully aware they will pay for full time and can use it or not. But our rates as licensed are VERY low, government is raising rates for first time in 11 years to 17.30/day age 2 +, and 21.30/day under 2 yo.

The only part time we accept is Kindies which is full days every 2nd day.
Blackcat31 07:14 AM 05-25-2012
I don't assign full time or part time status to a family based on hours.

For me, 4 or 5 days per week is full time and anything less than 4 days per week is part time. Drop in is once per week or less.

I charge by the day and not by the hour.
momma2girls 03:36 PM 05-25-2012
I do $35.00 per day/min. 3 days per week. Fulltime is $140.00 per week.
itlw8 07:45 PM 05-25-2012
3 set days is p/t if your schedule varies you need a f/t spot. p/t cost more. 4 days at the p/t rate equals my f/t rate.

I do not take p/t infants

f/t is 4 to 5 days set rate there or not
Abigail 08:11 AM 05-26-2012
Most calls that I get for daycare openings people ask what my part time rates are, but I always have to ask what their hours needed in care will be in response. I'm obviously familiar with the terms full time and part time and use them in advertising, but I charge different rates depending on how many days they attend and whether they're full days or half days. I use to have a few kids in the morning and left right after lunch so not nap for them here and I LOVE that schedule! That is why I want to keep offering half-day rates. I wouldn't want a half-day in the afternoon mainly because I like less kids during nap as we finish off the day. It's worked out well and everyone pays weekly in advance and their schedule needs to stay the same. No half-day here and their then a full day here, it's just the same routine for everyone.
jokalima 09:20 AM 05-27-2012
So how much would you charge for a 1/2 day 5 days a week?
Blackcat31 12:42 PM 05-27-2012
Originally Posted by jokalima:
I charge by the day so it can be an hour per day or the full day and the charge is the same. Way too messy and confusing to get into figuring out hours in the day and trying to work around odd schedules.

If someone wants to come 5 days a week, they get charged full time. Even if they only use 1 hour per day each of those days.
Mom&Provider 05:56 AM 05-29-2012
I don't look at it in hours, more in days...for me p/t would be anything less then 5 days...my min. for p/t is 3 days per week.
Abigail 11:34 AM 05-29-2012
Originally Posted by jokalima:
I use about 75% of my weekly rate. If you typically would charge $110 a week then the full week half-day rate would be $75. Or if you charge $150 a week then the full week at half days would be $112. I only do half-days based on contracts. I don't do drop ins or rotating schedules.

It's so nice to have child A, B, and C be 7-5 M-F and then child D and E 8-noon M-F. I do say 4 hours is the limit, but I would be flexible up to 5 hours a day. If someone needed care for up to 4 hours they could always go to a drop in center in town which is about $6/hour so me offering it at a slighly lower rate should work out great.
Tags:full time, part time
Reply Up