Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Home Daycare in Ohio
Unregistered 05:12 AM 09-17-2009
I found an ad at a restaurant in the town I work in for Pearson Home Daycare in Minerva, Ohio. She is not certified. I was looking to see if I could find some info on the web, and she advertises here as well. Has anyone had any dealings with this place? With her not being certified, I just want to do my research.
mac60 12:30 PM 09-17-2009
In Ohio, you do not have to be licensed. That does not mean she does not come highly recommended. I would suggest calling and talking to her, and ask for a couple references of current/past families and call them.

Some of the best are not licensed.
tymaboy 01:52 PM 09-17-2009
I would also set up a time to meet her. I know as a provider I do awful with the phone interviews I do but really impress face to face. I think you will be able to get a better vibe in person & to see where your child may be spending their days.
Unregistered 10:47 AM 09-18-2009
You don't have to be if you don't have more then 6 kids.

I know that, but that also means that she doesn't "answer" to anyone, so I want to do my research. A bad thing? No, but I want information...
Unregistered 12:36 PM 09-18-2009
Kelly Pearson is her name
mac60 06:13 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You don't have to be if you don't have more then 6 kids.

I know that, but that also means that she doesn't "answer" to anyone, so I want to do my research. A bad thing? No, but I want information...
Please remember that even if someone is not licensed, they still are answering to someone.....The parents of the children that they care for are in and out each day.
AmandasFCC 06:18 AM 09-19-2009
I agree, Mac06, plus I want to add the following: I'm licensed and beyond the original headache of filling out paperwork, licensing really doesn't interfere a whole lot. Maybe it's because I made it abundantly clear I'm not out to abuse my license by asking a million questions during the process so they aren't too worried abuot me breaking rules, nor have I or will I break any rules.

My point is that no matter what, home providers, licensed or not, are alone all the day and you really do have to do your research, meet the person, and trust your instincts. It's true, we don't really answer to anyone (other than the parents, and that's a HUGE incentive for me personally), but I've heard more horror stories from large facilities than I have home daycares. That's because home daycare are doing this for a reason. We love kids and we want what's best for them. I recognize that there are some horrendous home providers but that goes no matter what you do, licensed or not, large facility or otherwise.

I hope that makes sense lol.
Tags:home daycare, ohio
Reply Up