Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>What Do You Do To Stay Sane?
Unregistered 09:05 AM 12-01-2011
I am a 'new' provider.. I have been doing it for 3 months. I have a 4 year old, a 3 year old, 2 year old, (2) 17mo old, a 13 month old and a 3 month old. I AM GOING CRAZY!!!
daycare 09:29 AM 12-01-2011
sounds like you have a lot of kids under 2. I think that is your problem.

If I were you, I would be cutting the youngest ones and evening out your enrollment.

Do you have any helpers? or are you alone?

Also, what is your daily schedule or routine.
lil angels 09:43 AM 12-01-2011
They are pretty young I did the same thing when I started and I was crying about every day thinking what did I do. For me though alot of it was getting to know the kids, making a good routine and I went through alot of withdrawals with not having other adults to talk with all day. The weathe retting colder is another big one it helps so when you can be outside like four hrs a day.Hang in there it should get better and try get everyone on the same nap schedule so you have a break in the day.
greenhouse 01:03 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am a 'new' provider.. I have been doing it for 3 months. I have a 4 year old, a 3 year old, 2 year old, (2) 17mo old, a 13 month old and a 3 month old. I AM GOING CRAZY!!!
Holy cow! That's too many, especially being new. I am new about 6 months and am only now ready to add a third! I developed a strict routine and my day is smooth and predictable ( not to be confused with easy mind you!).
Use gated areas, and pens for safety and seriously consider downsizeing or hiring an asst. good luck.
Robert Groth 08:12 PM 12-07-2011
Hire an assistant so you can take a breather in the afternoon. It could make all the difference in you not burning out in your business.

Robert Groth
www.DaycareTaxExperts.com
cheerfuldom 08:23 AM 12-08-2011
I agree....too many young ones. You are going to burn out fast with that group all day every day. If you can't afford to let them go, interview for some older kids and replace the youngers as you can. also make sure you are aware of your state regulations? where are you? are you allowed to have so many under 2 with no assistant?
Cat Herder 09:48 AM 12-08-2011
Plan.

Adapt.

Plan.

Adapt.

One day you won't have to adapt and the plan will go off without a hitch....then something little will change the dynamics of the group.

Then you plan to adapt again....

Rinse & repeat.

Chin up.
Zoe 09:51 AM 12-08-2011
I find that I'm always stressed the first couple of weeks when I have new ones. It's the transition stage of getting to know the kids and them getting to know you, your house, and your rules. Give it some time, establish a routine, and it will get better. If you are finding that a particular age group is not working for you, then let them go. You're just now figuring out what works for you, so don't be afraid to change something that's not working.

I've changed my hours so many times now, first to get people in the door, then to what suits me and keeps me from burning out.

Good luck!
Tags:assistant, over burdened, overwhelmed
Reply Up