Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Days
Unregistered 09:57 AM 03-09-2010
What do you do when you are sick? Do you have someone that covers for you? What is your back up plan?
originalkat 12:24 PM 03-09-2010
If I am really sick--fever or throwing up then I close. I have 5 paid personal/sick days in my contract so I use those.
emosks 12:29 PM 03-09-2010
We have one other assistant that covers sick and vacation days. Our daycare is only closed 2 days a year other than the major holidays!
momma2girls 12:48 PM 03-09-2010
I don't have any sick days, if I am sick, which it would have to be vomiting(which has never happened in over 6 yrs. doing daycare) I would have to take it unpaid or out of my vac. days. I do have many daycare friends that will do back up for me if needed!
Carole's Daycare 01:05 PM 03-09-2010
If I am truly sick I close- I have in my contract that I get paid /can use vacation days. Most of the time if its just whatever crud the kids brought I drive on and work, I just let the parents know.
tymaboy 02:14 PM 03-09-2010
I do not put a set # of sick days in my policy. I just state that they need to have a backup plan for when I become ill. I do not get paid for time that I take off so I try not to miss much.
Tags:sick days, time off
Reply Up