Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Scout's Avatar
Scout Scout is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,763
Default Crockpot Chicken Soup

Since it is cold & flu season, I thought maybe someone could use this.

5 c chicken broth or bullion cubes
5-6 c water
2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts(kept whole)...note: this is a lot of chicken
for this recipe. Next time I am cutting it down to just 3-4 breasts.
1 small onion, chopped
2 c carrots, cut up
1 c celery, cut up
2 tsp dry parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves,minced
1 c wide egg noodles. I used 2, could've used more to balance out chicken!

Place all but noodles in slow cooker. Cook on high 4 hours, turn to low until ready to serve. Remove chicken breasts & shred. Place back in crock pot. Add noodles last 1/2 hour of cooking.

This was so easy & really quite good. Will add a little salt next time though too!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-09-2012, 03:32 PM
LK5kids's Avatar
LK5kids LK5kids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,219
Default

Yum, yum yummy! I will do this 4 sure!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 AM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

I am definitely going to make this! I'm hungry now! lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 AM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
Since it is cold & flu season, I thought maybe someone could use this.

5 c chicken broth or bullion cubes
5-6 c water
2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts(kept whole)...note: this is a lot of chicken
for this recipe. Next time I am cutting it down to just 3-4 breasts.
1 small onion, chopped
2 c carrots, cut up
1 c celery, cut up
2 tsp dry parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves,minced
1 c wide egg noodles. I used 2, could've used more to balance out chicken!

Place all but noodles in slow cooker. Cook on high 4 hours, turn to low until ready to serve. Remove chicken breasts & shred. Place back in crock pot. Add noodles last 1/2 hour of cooking.

This was so easy & really quite good. Will add a little salt next time though too!
....I read this post about an hour or so ago and I can't stop thinking about chicken noodle soup!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 AM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

Ok, I know I keep posting on this thread, but I finally made this soup last night for my family. Let me tell you, you HAVE to make this! Thank you Scout for putting it on here! My husband had 3 bowls and my daughter had 2, and I had like 4, we couldn't stop eating it! I did add potatoes to it-I know, that's a lot of starch, but I put potatoes in just about everything!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Scout's Avatar
Scout Scout is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilley View Post
Ok, I know I keep posting on this thread, but I finally made this soup last night for my family. Let me tell you, you HAVE to make this! Thank you Scout for putting it on here! My husband had 3 bowls and my daughter had 2, and I had like 4, we couldn't stop eating it! I did add potatoes to it-I know, that's a lot of starch, but I put potatoes in just about everything!
I am glad you liked it! Pinterest is where I get pretty much every recipe now!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 PM
CozyHome's Avatar
CozyHome CozyHome is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 83
Default

I LOVE my crockpot and will throw any kind of meat in there with carrots and potatoes and broth and garlic, pepper and herbs and it comes out wonderfully. But great recipes for pulled pork or ribs or lazy day cabbage rolls or lazy day lasagnas are wonderful too.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:16 AM
Scout's Avatar
Scout Scout is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozyHome View Post
I LOVE my crockpot and will throw any kind of meat in there with carrots and potatoes and broth and garlic, pepper and herbs and it comes out wonderfully. But great recipes for pulled pork or ribs or lazy day cabbage rolls or lazy day lasagnas are wonderful too.
can you post a pulled pork one please? We love the Jack Daniels one but, I would love to try to make our own. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,689
Default

Oh Lord it's only 8:40 in the morning and my mouth is watering!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:54 AM
kitykids3's Avatar
kitykids3 kitykids3 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 589
Default

Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking this week of making crockpot soups for the kiddos. I think I will be changing up my menu and starting with this one next week.
__________________
daymommy to 7 kiddos - 5 girls and 2 boys
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-20-2012, 06:24 PM
kitykids3's Avatar
kitykids3 kitykids3 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 589
Default

I made this today and the kiddos gobbled it up! 2nds and 3rds.
__________________
daymommy to 7 kiddos - 5 girls and 2 boys
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Scout's Avatar
Scout Scout is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitykids3 View Post
I made this today and the kiddos gobbled it up! 2nds and 3rds.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chicken noodle soup, recipe, soup, soup - chicken

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stir-Fry with Chicken, Rice, and Pineapple SilverSabre25 Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas 4 04-24-2014 08:54 AM
Creamy Penne Pasta with Chicken broncomom1973 Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas 14 06-24-2011 11:40 AM
Chicken Puffs - Yumm-O! Former Teacher Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas 4 02-23-2011 08:06 AM
My Mother's Homemade Potato Soup - Crock Pot Recipe-With Measurements :) Former Teacher Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas 2 01-18-2011 11:10 AM
Turkey Or Chicken Pot Pie broncomom1973 Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas 6 01-09-2011 10:50 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming