Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Rash

Just saw a 2 yr old has a rash on both legs, belly and arms, he keeps scratching, I called mom to ask if she knew about it and said yes, that she might called Dr to see what it is. Ok, child obviously has had rash during the weekend, maybe is not infectious... Not sure what licensing says about this and they are closed today.. What would you do?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
New Daycare.com Member

I would call mom and tell her to pick him up within the hour and that he cannot come back until seen by a doctor and the doctor confirms the rash is not contagious.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

I don't allow my kids to stay if they have an undiagnosed rash. I'd be calling the parent to pick up and telling her I need a dr.'s note stating what it is and/or that it's not contagious before the child can return.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yup, I would have told mom that child had to go home. I don't allow rashes without a dr. diagnosis either. It is in my policies child needs to be picked up within 1 hour.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks, the rash went away, the thing it that it comes and goes so I told her that she had to call Dr, and if tomorrow she still had a rash she should see Dr before coming.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokalima View Post
Thanks, the rash went away, the thing it that it comes and goes so I told her that she had to call Dr, and if tomorrow she still had a rash she should see Dr before coming.
I had the same thing happen today, only dcm pointed it out to me at dropoff and said it was eczema. I've been watching this child full time for 6 mths and have never seen a rash on her before. She's 1 and not even a diaper rash ...ever... Sorry, I don't want to take over your post....I was in the same situation though and I too, was not quite sure how to handle it. You don't want to overreact but then again, what if it is something contagious?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokalima View Post
could be fifths. that can come and go. my daughter had that when she was young and if she had a bath it would come out full force or if she got hot it would come out too.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

My 10 month old nephew had a rash covering his whole body. It turned out to be eczema. His didn't come and go though. Maybe its a heat rash? I would tell mom he needs to see a doctor before he comes back! Just in case.

Tags
rash, sick policy