Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Why Do They Make You Be The Bad Guy?!

I have great daycare parents, but lately I don't know what's been going on with one of them. Yesterday morning, my first drop off of the day doesn't let me know that dcb won't be coming right away until the time that they were supposed to drop off. Great. I could have slept in. Thanks.

Then when dcb finally gets dropped off I find that he's been up for 5 hours during the night and might be cranky. And oh BOY was she right! At noon I finally had to send him home because he wouldn't sleep and he would just sit and cry the entire morning. Obviously something was going on with him.

Cut to this morning, I hadn't heard from dcm about what happened with dcb. She comes to drop him off and tells me he has an ear infection and is on the stronger meds that will cause diarrhea. So here I am having to send him with mom! He needs to be on the meds for at least 24 hours and cannot have diarrhea! I felt bad about sending him home right at drop off but this could have all been avoided had she contacted me prior!

I have a strong backbone, I just wish parents got the policies and then I wouldn't have to use it. I'm just annoyed. Anyone else going through this?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 AM

is she new? have you gone thru issues with drop off and illness in the past with her?

sometimes people just start getting busy and tired/lazy and start pushing the boundaries....sounds like that is what is happening here. I think you did all the right things. but something is definitely going on. I know ear infections can be painful for kids but up 5 hours and then crying all day sounds a bit extreme. I wonder if there is something else going on and mom just told you the part of it in hopes to get him into daycare.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
is she new? have you gone thru issues with drop off and illness in the past with her?

sometimes people just start getting busy and tired/lazy and start pushing the boundaries....sounds like that is what is happening here. I think you did all the right things. but something is definitely going on. I know ear infections can be painful for kids but up 5 hours and then crying all day sounds a bit extreme. I wonder if there is something else going on and mom just told you the part of it in hopes to get him into daycare.
They've been here for over a year. She knows the drill. It's been a rough cold/flu season so I'm wondering if she was trying to just get to work. I get that it's inconvenient to have a sick kid, but it's part of the parent package!

I might have taken him in if it was just the meds, but for the side effects to be diarrhea....um no.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

some Drs give augmenton for ear infections the side effect is diarreah he will likely have it for the full 10 days he is on it plus one or 2 more for his body to get back to normal. Yogert helps some people but it has to have live culture.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM

Lovely.

Tags
sick policy