Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default 48 Hour Illness Policy

I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for.
How do you explain the 24/48 hour illness policy to families?
Old 05-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I have it in my handbook. I list all of the symptoms that I exclude for and that children are not able to return until they have been symptom free for 24 hours. In the case of antibiotics my handbook says they must be on antibiotics for 48 hours before returning.

Is this what you mean?
Old 05-12-2016, 04:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

I believe it is 24 hours excluded from care if parents keep a sick child home, 48 hours excluded from care if a sick child is sent home.

But I could be wrong!
Old 05-12-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJill View Post
I believe it is 24 hours excluded from care if parents keep a sick child home, 48 hours excluded from care if a sick child is sent home.

But I could be wrong!
This is how I do it now. If a parent keeps their child home, 24 hour symptom free before returning to care. If a child becomes ill while in care, 48 hour symptom free before returning to care.

Puts the onus on the parents to monitor their child.

This is how I explain it to parents: This policy allows me to monitor the rest of the group and sanitize before child comes back. I also explain that I implemented this this past winter as we had a lot of back and forth. Since changing to 24/48 policy, it stopped. Of course it won't prevent a child from getting ill but it def. minimizes the back and forth.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:26 AM

It is under the tag 24/48 below.

Headed Blackcat or Cat Herder.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
It is under the tag 24/48 below.

Headed Blackcat or Cat Herder.
Also the thread called "home two days when sick"
Old 05-12-2016, 06:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by childcaremom View Post
This is how I do it now. If a parent keeps their child home, 24 hour symptom free before returning to care. If a child becomes ill while in care, 48 hour symptom free before returning to care.

Puts the onus on the parents to monitor their child.

This is how I explain it to parents: This policy allows me to monitor the rest of the group and sanitize before child comes back. I also explain that I implemented this this past winter as we had a lot of back and forth. Since changing to 24/48 policy, it stopped. Of course it won't prevent a child from getting ill but it def. minimizes the back and forth.
Thanks! This is what I was looking for. I wasnt sure how to explain it to parents to make it sound like it's a benefit to them.

Tags
24/48, 24/48 hours, exclusion, exclusion policy, exclusions, illness policy, illness policy - samples, infection control