Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Center Staff

Just curious who all works in a center? Also, size of center, what ages, and how many in your room.

I will start, I work in a center licensed for 50. I currently work with a toddler group. My group consists of

2 2 year old boys (January birthdays)
2 2 1/2 year old girls (October birthdays)
2 3 year old girls (February March birthdays)

The older 2 have been with me since 6 weeks old.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:44 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Hi! I am an Air Force childcare center caregiver- total of five years now. About to work in my third country when we move in a few months. I'm a toddler caregiver too- my favorite age group.

That's really neAt that you have a group of children who have known each other since they were babies.

My double ratio room is 14 two year olds with two caregivers. I've done single ratio a few times but really prefer having another adult to be around during the day.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemom View Post
Just curious who all works in a center? Also, size of center, what ages, and how many in your room.

I will start, I work in a center licensed for 50. I currently work with a toddler group. My group consists of

2 2 year old boys (January birthdays)
2 2 1/2 year old girls (October birthdays)
2 3 year old girls (February March birthdays)

The older 2 have been with me since 6 weeks old.
I work in a center licensed for 65. My group consists of:
3 2.5 year old children that are full time
2 2.5 year old children that are part time
3 3 year old children that are full time
1 3 year old child that is part time
On any given day, I usually have 8 children. I am by myself.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

I work in a center licensed for over 200. I cannot remember the exact number.

My room has 24 three year olds with two other staff members. 1:12 max ratio. We usually have between 18 and 22 show each day, but all 24 can and will show up on the same day.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

I work in a centre licensed for 125, operating from 6:15am-11:30pm. We have five rooms, two Multi-age rooms (8 kids each), a 3-5yr room (16 kids), an infant/toddler Room (12 kids) and an after school program (18 kids). I am in one of the multi-age rooms half the week as the sole caregiver. The most I've had is 7 children, usually 5 at a time.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

we are licence for 80! We have a baby room, a ones room, a twos room, preschool room and school aged room
I work with the 1-2 year olds. Most days a group of 6
Old 04-30-2017, 01:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

for the school year , the max we can have is 70 and as of right now we have around 55-60 kids. Most of the kids are 11 and under.
Most of my time i am with the younger group and at the end of the day we combine both of the groups.

During the summer is when it gets crazy! We can go up to 130 i believed. I know we had 120-125 last year for summer. Most of the kids are between 5-11.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Smile

How do you keep track of the kids when you go on field trips or outings (daycare with 100-125 kids per summer)? I'm in Alabama and some of our local daycare here have that many children during the summer if not less ( we have about 45-50 during the summer depending on the day).
Old 04-30-2017, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

feild trips:
Small groups,extra staff, matching shirts

I worked at a center that would take 60-70 out to places at a time. Each classroom was a "group." In our case: The red apples (with red labels on there shirt), The yellow apples (yellow labels), green apples and the wiggly worms. Each group had two teachers, and usually a parent or two who came along. Sometimes, the Apple blossoms (2 year olds) would come along and they would have 3 teachers. Took attendance before leaving, on the bus, at destination, ever 20 mins at destination, at lunch, leaving area, on the bus and then again getting off the bus, then again when we entered the building. Each teacher was also assigned half the group (so each teacher had 5 kids to watch).

Tags
center, center workers, centers