Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Help Me Explain To DCM...
Unregistered 10:10 AM 06-28-2017
Please help me explain to daycare mom that she pays me for M-Th and if she wants her child to come friday, that she needs to pay a new daily rate of $36 regardless of the reason why she missed her regular day.

She pays me $145 M-Th but if she comes Friday she pays me an extra $25 to equal my fulltime rate of $170. After awhile i realize shes getting one over on me because normally part timers should be paying more for extra days instead of getting the benefits of a fulltime spot. Shes assuming my fridays are always available to her child also. My fulltime rate has also increased to 180/week and although i told her my rates wont increase for exsisting families, she is not full time so if she wants the day she should pay me $36. Because that is 180÷5 days. So one day is $36.

She also takes it upon herself to tell me her child will come on friday instead of tuesday to make up for July 4th. Mind you my contract says my holidays are paid. When her child misses a day from illness, she also brings them on friday and doesnt pay me extra for it. My policy states you pay regardless if your child attends or not.

Also, i may be having her choose to pay a fulltime rate or never bringing her child on friday because i will be "filling that spot" and it will no longer be available to her. So how would i explain to her that it is no longer $170/week but now $180? Otherwise she can keep her M-Th for $145.
Tags:enforcing policies, enforcing policies - consistency
Up