Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Stuffed French Toast

Anyone here made that for thier kids? Or even heard of it? I was reading a new recipe book I got and it had it in there sounds really good, but I didnt know if it would be a great success with kids.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

I actually made this today! Two kids loved it, two wouldn't touch it. My fifth wasn't here today, but he loves it. I used a recipe from Sunmaid. It has raisin bread and bananas, and it is baked in the oven.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Daycare.com Member

This one is the following:

Peel fruit and thinly slice - apples, bananas and pear. Combine fruit and nuts in a bowl (pecans) sprinkle with brown sugar. Beat 2 eggs and add milk, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves in seperate bowl. One loaf french bread cut each slice of bread to back edge no through open slices and spread evenly with butter. Fill slices with fruit mixture pressing halves together to seal. Dip stuffed slices in batter and cook on griddle until browned on both sides.

Sounds intresting to me
Old 12-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Default Raspberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast

Yield 6 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup raspberry puree
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
  • butter
  • confectioners' sugar for dusting
  • nutmeg, for topping
Directions
  1. In a bowl, whisk milk, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon into the beaten eggs until well blended. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together raspberry puree and cream cheese until smooth. Make 'sandwiches' by cutting each slice of bread in half and spreading raspberry-cheese mixture in the center, then top with the other half.
  2. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or griddle. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating thoroughly. Cook until well-browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Yield 6 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cinnamon
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup raspberry puree
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
  • butter
  • confectioners' sugar for dusting
  • nutmeg, for topping
Directions
  1. In a bowl, whisk milk, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon into the beaten eggs until well blended. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together raspberry puree and cream cheese until smooth. Make 'sandwiches' by cutting each slice of bread in half and spreading raspberry-cheese mixture in the center, then top with the other half.
  2. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or griddle. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating thoroughly. Cook until well-browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Serve immediately.
Yum, sounds good!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

would you believe I've only made french toast once in my entire life and I'm over 40!!!
Anyhow; I think too many eggs are used and that grosses me out; I absolutely love french toast, but I just can't get past the eggs!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Where Children Grow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyland View Post
would you believe I've only made french toast once in my entire life and I'm over 40!!!
Anyhow; I think too many eggs are used and that grosses me out; I absolutely love french toast, but I just can't get past the eggs!
4 eggs for 6 servings is actually really reasonable. Normally I use 1 egg for 1 piece of french toast (using regular loaf bread) but this recipe calls for french bread, the long baguette style bread (which is smaller)
Old 01-04-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyland View Post
You make me laugh because that is exactly what my 22 yr old DD says!! She hates eggs. She LOVED french toast until she found out how it was made! LOL! During the holidays, we use egg nog....yum!!

IHOP makes a stuffed french toast that is like a glazed donut stuffed with cream cheese, deep fried and covered in strawberries and whipped cream.....oh lordy, I wished I lived near an IHOP!!!

Tags
french toast, recipe