Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice Plz!
Core12 10:26 AM 12-19-2019
It seems that anytime I really appreciate someone they disappoint me and it hurts! One day I’m so grateful for a family in my care and then the next day it’s something like dcb of this family tells me that his mom said my curtains were “unsafe” or I find out that a Superman poster I gave to this dcb was thrown in the trash bc it’s “not good for him” and then this past two weeks DCM says to dcb at pickup, “did you have a good day? Should we come back tomorrow?” I believe she says this deliberately to let me know it’s a privilege to watch her three yr old son and 1 yr old daughter.
I’ve known for a couple months that she will take her son to a “preschool” and am irritated that she seems disappointed that I didn’t teach daily or have a craft. Her son has said that he won’t get to “watch all this tv” when he goes to preschool. Well, I’m not changing. If I feel like a break...the kids are watching tv. I do a lot with the kids but it’s never enough. I detest being forced to do what they think I should do and therefore am not going to.
Dcb just told me that his parents told him that he has picked up enough and I need to have someone else help pickup! (We are all picking up)!
Tags:crafts, curriculum, curtains, lesson plans, observations, superheroes, television, television - not
Up