Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Common?!
Unregistered 10:16 AM 05-18-2021
I have an 11 month old in care who has been with me for two months. Every time I walk out of his sight, he starts crying. After about a month, the crying improved and he wasn’t crying every time I had to walk away as I thought he was getting used to our routine here. That only lasted about two weeks though and he has been back to crying each time I walk away. Some days he even cries when I get up and change locations in the room where he can still see me.
Mom and dad pulled him from his last daycare because they were told he spent so much of his day crying for the same reason and they thought he was unhappy there. They mentioned he has started doing this at home as well now in the last couple of weeks.
How long does a child go through separation aniexty? From the sounds of it, he had been doing this in his previous daycare for several months too. So he has been going through this since 4-5 months old.
The odd thing to me is he does not have separation anxiety when mom or dad hand him to me each morning, even from the first day.
Tags:11 month old, adjusting to daycare, crying - for parents, crying - how long, narrators, separation anxiety, transition to new care
Up