Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newbie Contract
sdawnd 10:19 AM 02-25-2010
Hello ladies, I've been lurking for a week or so on here. My husband and I are opening a daycare. I've gotten a few ideas about my contract from all of you (there was a thread about it). Here is what I have. We are calling this the final contract. What do you think? Would you change anything? Thanks! (I couldn't figure out how to attach a file so I copied and pasted, looks a lil funny but the info is all there)

Contract of Service
Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 2pm – 12am or later dependent upon parental needs.
We are open all day on weekends.
Child Care Rates
 The Full Time weekly rate is $80
o Full Time is 4-5 days per week, or more than 25 hours per week.
o If your child stays more than 40 hours in a given week, there will be an additional $2 per hour charged.
o If you need me to care for your child on Saturday, Sunday, or both, you will be charged an additional $15 per weekend day unless the weekend day is part of your contracted week. In this case the weekend day will be an additional $5 per weekend day.
 The Part Time weekly rate is $50
o Part Time is 3 days per week or less, up to 25 hours.
o If your child stays more than 3 days in a given week, you will be charged $15 per additional day.
o If you consistently need your child to stay more than 3 days per week, you will then be classified as Full Time, and therefore need to pay the Full Time rate as detailed above.
o If your child stays more than 40 hours in a given week, there will be an additional $2 per hour charged.
o If you need me to care for your child on Saturday, Sunday, or both, you will be charged an additional $15 per weekend day unless the weekend day is part of your contracted week. In this case the weekend day will be an additional $5 per weekend day.
 The Daily rate is $20
o If you need me to care for your child on Saturday, Sunday, or both, you will be charged $25 per weekend day.
o If your child stays more than 40 hours in a given week, there will be an additional $5 per hour charged.

The hours and days agreed upon are as follows:
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday* Sunday*
Drop-off
Pick-up
*Saturday and Sunday child care has an additional fee, see above
Holiday Child Care Rate
• If you need child care on a holiday, you will be charged $20 extra per holiday.
o Holidays are: New Year’s Eve, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Registration Fee
• There is a $30 refundable registration fee that is due either on the first day of service or with the first payment. This fee is to cover the bank fees in the event of a returned check. This fee will be returned to you when your child is no longer enrolled in my care, provided you have had no returned checks.
Transportation
• If you need us to meet you for pick-up or drop-off, there will be an additional fee based upon distance traveled.
Payment Due Date
• For parents who choose to pay weekly, payment is due on the Monday after the week of service at drop-off.
• For parents who choose to pay daily, payment is due each day at drop-off.
Rate Increase
• Rates subject to change based upon general cost increases. Parents will be notified at least 2 weeks prior to any changes.
Late Payments
• If the child care payment is late, there will be a $5 fee added to the outstanding balance for each day that it is late unless other arrangements have been made prior to the payment being late.

Parent-provided Items
• Parents are required to provide diapers, wipes, a season-appropriate change of clothes, one drink cup, baby food, and formula.
• Each item must have the child’s name written on it in permanent marker.
• If the child runs out of a parent provided item after the parent has been notified that the item needed to be replenished, the parent will be charged the price of the item as well as a $10 service charge.
Other Fees
• If your child has a fever of at least 100F, you will be notified and expected to pick up your child. If a sick child is not picked up within 2 hours after the parent is notified, there will be a $10 fee added to your weekly/daily payment. This is for the protection of the other children in my care.
• If a child intentionally damages an item, the parent will be charged the cost of the item as determined by the provider.
• Should it become necessary to go to court over nonpayment of fees owed, the court costs and lawyer fees will be added to your bill.
Attendance
• Should you need to drop-off or pick-up your child early/late, please call at least one hour before the scheduled time to let me know.
• If your child will not be attending on a scheduled day, please call the day before to let me know.
• If you decide to take your child out of my care, please give me at least two weeks’ notice. If no notice is given, your registration fee will not be refunded.
Child Records
• A current and up-to-date shot record will be required the first week of service.
Medications
• If your child needs daily medications, I need written instructions for giving the medication. This needs to written out on paper, not just from the bottles. If your child is being treated for a contagious illness, I cannot keep the child until they are well will a doctor’s note. However, the weekly rate will still apply.

I agree with and understand my contract as outlined on the above pages:

(Parent or Guardian) (Date)

(Child Care Provider) (D
Tags:contract
Reply Up