Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thanksgiving Meal?
SunflowerMama 10:34 AM 11-22-2010
So what are you all doing in regards to a Thanksgiving meal for the dcks?

I have everyone today and tomorrow and then only a few Wednesday (closed Thurs/Fri) so I'm thinking about just a little Thanksgiving meal tomorrow.

Maybe just a rotisserie chicken and some mashed potatoes and green bean casserole and then maybe some pie for dessert.

What is everyone else doing?
laundrymom 10:41 AM 11-22-2010
We are having "clean out the freezer and fridges " this week. lol. I have to make room, so we are having a clean out the fridge and freezer week using up any bits and leftovers. lol.

Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
So what are you all doing in regards to a Thanksgiving meal for the dcks?

I have everyone today and tomorrow and then only a few Wednesday (closed Thurs/Fri) so I'm thinking about just a little Thanksgiving meal tomorrow.

Maybe just a rotisserie chicken and some mashed potatoes and green bean casserole and then maybe some pie for dessert.

What is everyone else doing?

VTMom 10:48 AM 11-22-2010
Pizza

quick and easy!
mncare 11:16 AM 11-22-2010
I have all of my little ones tomorrow so we doing turkey (already prepared in the box, just have to nuke it), green bean casserole, augratin potatoes, mandarin oranges and biscuits.

We are going to make placemats in the morning for them to use at lunch.
kidkair 11:37 AM 11-22-2010
Nothing fancy. We did chicken nuggets today and will probably continue on the easy to make and everyone will eat theme this week. My kids are all rather picky and won't try new things so I introduce new things slowly. We probably won't give them our leftovers because I know they'll be getting that at home too so we'll do other stuff. We usually cook a turkey for them at another time of the year (last year it was March or April) and freeze leftovers to have off and on for several months.
Blackcat31 12:59 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
We are having "clean out the freezer and fridges " this week. lol. I have to make room, so we are having a clean out the fridge and freezer week using up any bits and leftovers. lol.
That's exactly what we are doing too...today we had chix nuggets and fish sticks and a little of this and a little of that. Not everyone got the same meal but all the meals met the food program requirements. Starting fresh after the long weekend.
SilverSabre25 01:02 PM 11-22-2010
Easy Stuff. Today was lunchmeat sandwiches, tomorrow is macaroni and cheese (from a box, but it's Annie's Organic, so I feel better about it), and Wednesday is a rare treat--chicken nuggets and tater tots. My group is young, picky, and I have been not really doing special stuff with them, much. They are too young to get it. Next year, though, will be fun!
Crystal 01:13 PM 11-22-2010
We are having a Thanksgiving Feast, complete with turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, pie, etc.

The kids are SO excited!
Unregistered 04:11 PM 11-22-2010
We will have our daycare Thanksgiving meal on Wednesday Im making Turkey slices in gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, and biscuits, and for desert Thanksgiving cookies.
SandeeAR 04:22 PM 11-22-2010
Since Wednesday, I have 1 dcg that is 7 months old, and Mom won't let her eat baby food at lunch yet, guess she will get her usual, Mum Mum's. Not my choice, but all Mom will send. Btw, she eats cereal and fruit for lunch. Breakfast not lunch, sorry.
GretasLittleFriends 04:38 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Since Wednesday, I have 1 dcg that is 7 months old, and Mom won't let her eat baby food at lunch yet, guess she will get her usual, Mum Mum's. Not my choice, but all Mom will send. Btw, she eats cereal and fruit for lunch.
Poor baby... I introduced turkey Sunday and my dd has already had sweet potatoes that way she can enjoy her "Turkey and Sweet Potato Dinner" (Thanks Gerber) on Thanksgiving while the rest of the family gets the much less mushy version! I didn't want her to miss out!

As far as dc kids go, we're not doing anything special. Between a mix of picky eaters and odd scheduling, it'll just be business as usual. Wednesday night's dinner will be meat loaf and mashed potatoes... hmmm... maybe baked potatoes. Only cuz I want meatloaf and hubby is due home from trucking. My kids aren't overly fond of it, dc kids don't mind though. (I have more dc kids at dinner time than at lunch time...)
Unregistered 09:36 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We will have our daycare Thanksgiving meal on Wednesday Im making Turkey slices in gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, and biscuits, and for desert Thanksgiving cookies.
When I was a daycare parent as opposed to a daycare provider, I HATED when daycare served Thanksgiving meal on Wednesday before the holiday!!!

It takes a way some of the specialness of the dinner then next day and the kids are less likely to be digging in and more likely to be bored by the whole thing.

3kidsmom
Unregistered 09:40 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
We are having a Thanksgiving Feast, complete with turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, pie, etc.

The kids are SO excited!
Yes, but they will be far less excited when they eat it the 2nd time around! No matter how yummy Thanksgiving dinner is, it isn't as great two days in a row...It takes some of the fun out of it for the family the next day.

3kidsmom
SandeeAR 11:42 AM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
Since Wednesday, I have 1 dcg that is 7 months old, and Mom won't let her eat baby food at lunch yet, guess she will get her usual, Mum Mum's. Not my choice, but all Mom will send. Btw, she eats cereal and fruit for lunch. Breakfast not lunch, sorry.

Just realized I said she eats cereal and fruit for lunch, it is for Breakfast.
momma2girls 02:52 PM 11-23-2010
We are having a Thanksgiving feast tomorrow for daycare and for our supper. I will be cooking all day. Also pumpkin pie w/whipped cream, can't wait!!!
nannyde 03:12 PM 11-23-2010
Thanksgiving dinner for the little mookies tomorrow at lunch: Free range organic fat chicken, mashed potatoes with portabella mushroom gravy, corn from one of the littles Grandpas farm, carrots, cranberry stuffing and cheddar biscuits.

For desert we will have cranberry oatmeal cookies.

Tags:meals, thanksgiving, thanksgiving meal, turkey
Reply Up