Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pooping In Undies
tweedledeedum 07:33 AM 02-09-2011
I have a dkg who is 2.5 and pee trained. She has never (here or home) pooped on the potty. Her mom sends her in undies w dipes for naptime. Given that she always poops in her undies (mess!), would you leave her in undies or put her back in dipes?

Thanks for any insight! And I'm glad to have found this forum.
Unregistered 07:39 AM 02-09-2011
My policy is dry with no accidents for 2 weeks straight before undies at daycare. Otherwise they wear pull ups (or diapers) with their underwear over (if they desire) until they can tell me consistently for 2 weeks when they have to go. Its in my policies (so they know that when they sign up here) and I will not make exceptions.
jen 07:57 AM 02-09-2011
I would tell Mom no undies until she is pooping on the potty!

Also, I tell all the Mom's that unless I can EASILY dump the poop in the potty, the undies are going in the garbage or back to them in a plastic bag.
ninosqueridos 08:48 AM 02-09-2011
No undies until they KNOW how to use the potty with ZERO accidents.

That is disgusting. I actually find it disrespectful that she would stick you with underwear so you could clean up and sanitize after her non-potty trained daughter in YOUR home. Blech.
snowball 09:00 AM 02-09-2011
I would put her in diapers until she is 2 weeks accident free....that is so gross.
broncomom1973 10:46 AM 02-09-2011
I really think that the child should be sent in pull-ups too. I had a dcb who came in underwear after doing good on the potty at home, but even with taking him multiple times that first day, he went twice in his underwear and not once in the toilet. I dont mind "assisting" with toilet training, but I am not going to "do" it for the parent. This dcb is now doing pretty well with urinating in the toilet, but still hides under the table and poops in his diaper/pull-up. No undies here until he is no longer doing that
daycare 11:18 AM 02-09-2011
I put pull-ups over the undies once they are able to eliminate both ways. Pulls ups are for those children that have accidents on the way to the toilet. they are not to be used as diapers..

Undies and poop dont go together.... I would tell the mom that unless she wants to pay for your carpet or floors to be cleaned each time this happens that she needs to send her in diapers or pull-ups.
DCMomOf3 11:26 AM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by broncomom1973:
I really think that the child should be sent in pull-ups too. I had a dcb who came in underwear after doing good on the potty at home, but even with taking him multiple times that first day, he went twice in his underwear and not once in the toilet. I dont mind "assisting" with toilet training, but I am not going to "do" it for the parent. This dcb is now doing pretty well with urinating in the toilet, but still hides under the table and poops in his diaper/pull-up. No undies here until he is no longer doing that
I would do the same. I will be happy to assist in the process, but no underwear if they are still having daily accidents. This is one case where I think pull-ups are an ok thing.
Tags:poop, poop - undies
Reply Up