Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kid Feeling Guilty
kidkair 12:40 PM 03-30-2011
One of my kids feels like it's her fault the other kids are leaving the daycare. She told her mom yesterday that no one wants her and they (the other kids) are leaving because of her. She listed three kids whom she misses and feels left because they didn't like her. One left last October, one December, and one last week. I tried to explain the one who left in October to her when it was happening because he was moving and there was nothing we could do to keep him even though he wanted to stay. The one that left in December was a shock to us all and we didn't see her again after I got the two weeks notice (and payment) so we didn't have a good bye of any sort. She was only part-time so I figured her absence would just go unnoticed after some time. The one that left last week was also a big shock and he was going to come his final two weeks but then over the weekend before his final week his family had an emergency and he didn't return. So last week I was down to two kids and she seemed fine though her great aunt died early in the week and her mom was quite distraught and it did affect the kid a bit. This past weekend she attended the funeral and seemed a bit down on Monday especially since she ended up being the only kid here. Which brings us back to her acting out all day yesterday and telling her mom she's unwanted. Today she was more her old self but I still feel bad that she feels this way. Any suggestions on how to help her stop personalizing things that are beyond her control. Thanks!
Tags:guilt
Reply Up