Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>PT Isn’t Working - Should I Offer FT or Just Terminate!
Razzledbrat 07:02 AM 05-21-2013
Long story short! I just typed a huge message then my computer locked up so Ill just give you a briefing! Ha!

DCB, 14 months old. Been coming a month. Mom initially wanted full time but I only had room for part time so I offered M, T and W. The last 3 weeks, he has come 2 days. He cries the entire day on Mondays. Tues and Wed are a little better but he still cries!

Ive tried everything! Hold him, rock him, play with him, feed him, two naps a day. He cries. And it’s a screamingggg cry. Ive had a house full of kids, he cries. Ive had only him, he cries.

He was screaming when mom came in yesterday. I said, he has done this the entire day. Ive tried everything. She said, well he has two ear infections. I said “does he have meds?” She said, oh its in his bag. ( it was in a zipper part that looks like a seam, I had no idea it was a pocket). He takes an antibiotic once a day and she gives him that at home but his Tylenol was in the bag. Ug..Helloooo! Poor kid was probably in pain all day but I still don’t believe an ear infection is his problem because he has been screaming since the day he started so I continue to try to explain to mom that’s not the problem. I said but he has been doing this since he started. She said Oh yeah….hes hard to handle. OMG! So I guess he’s like this at home??

What should I do? I think if he came everyday, it would help him get used to things because he seems better on day 2 & 3. Should I offer full time? Maybe a two week probation? Or should I just term? Im on the fence because Im starting to believe he cries at home too! Part time isn’t working. Hes here 2-3 days a week then gone 4 days then we start all over on Monday!!! I also think mom is blaming it on his ear infection but hes been doing this since day one and its making my other dck’s miserable and Im about to pull my hair out! Either way…..I need help with a letter! Ive never had to term because of a crier  Thank you!!!

mbullette 07:15 AM 05-21-2013
Personally I would just term. I just let one of my crying babies go because he made everyone miserable here. If we went outside he screamed, if I held him he screamed and the list goes on. It was just best for everyone even though the parents were not happy.
littlemissmuffet 07:32 AM 05-21-2013
Between the all day screaming and a completely oblivious mom (who drops off their child w/out mentioning they have illness/meds in the bag? This is one reason I don't allow bags and instead have cubbies) - I would terminate. It's obviously not working for the boy or for you.
cheerfuldom 11:02 AM 05-21-2013
I would term. I know part time infants are hard but for a lot of the screamers, full time doesnt make it better. Some kids are just really unhappy babies. You already know that he is unhappy at home so more time and attention isnt going to change who he is.
Reply Up