Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Unscheduled Closing
Unregistered 07:00 PM 12-05-2013
Logged out for privacy. After 20+ years I had to call everyone tonight and cancel care for tomorrow. I pride myself on holding to my commitments regardless of what's going on. However, tonight we had to have the police remove my drunk and obnoxious father from the premises. Tomorrow morning I have to go to court. Long story short, when I was a child he used to beat my mother and scare the crap out of us kids when he was drunk. I am sick to my stomach over the whole situation.
Unregistered 07:01 PM 12-05-2013
And he just posted bail and is on the way back.
lovemylife 07:12 PM 12-05-2013
I am sorry Hun! I will keep you in my thoughts!! Sorry but I don't have any advice.
e.j. 07:48 PM 12-05-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
And he just posted bail and is on the way back.
Back to your home? Does he have any place else to spend the night?
Scout 04:12 AM 12-06-2013
So sorry you are dealing with this.
MotherNature 04:45 AM 12-06-2013
Oh my gosh! How scary! I'm so sorry. Does he live there? I'd be kicking him out. Or do you live with him?
Maria2013 05:12 AM 12-06-2013
sorry for you
DaycareMom 09:53 AM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Logged out for privacy. After 20+ years I had to call everyone tonight and cancel care for tomorrow. I pride myself on holding to my commitments regardless of what's going on. However, tonight we had to have the police remove my drunk and obnoxious father from the premises. Tomorrow morning I have to go to court. Long story short, when I was a child he used to beat my mother and scare the crap out of us kids when he was drunk. I am sick to my stomach over the whole situation.
Sorry you are going thru that.

What did you tell your DCPs?
Unregistered 10:37 AM 12-06-2013
We own a home with my parents. Right now the situations is just a mess. Luckily, daycare is on my lower level and we don't really have to deal with him at all during the day. I just told my dcps that something came up and I had to take care of some things today. According to our regulations I don't have to tell the parents anything about it since their children weren't here and weren't involved. I do have a message in to my licensor to see what I need to do with them. I can't drop the charges. The state has to. So, it won't be resolved until late January.
Tags:policies, sick days, sick provider
Reply Up