Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What to do
Unregistered 07:32 AM 06-27-2014
I have a newly 2 year old dcg that I've had since she was about 2 months. When she started she was a great easy going happy baby.
When she was 6 months old she went and stayed 2 weeks with grandma and came back a different baby. She was very fussy, needy , wouldn't sleep. Fast forward to now . I have been having behaivioral issues with her and I'm at my wits end.
She is constantly either screaming or trying to hurt someone. I've talked with mom several times about her behavior but her excuses are she's tired, she doesn't do that at home , it's because dad spoils her. Example yesterday she comes up and pulls my hair and I say no no. She drops to the floor and screams for 20 minutes.
I don't know what to do anymore :/
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 06-27-2014
Honestly, I would be VERY frank with mom and tell her it does NOT matter what she does or does not do at home.

She DOES scream and hurt others at daycare and THAT is the message you are telling her.

I would tell mom that you will NOT allow her (dcg) to harm others or be disruptive for silly things like being told not to pull hair.

Tell mom you will give dcg, 2 weeks or 30 days probation and that mom needs to work on giving her child boundaries and not allowing her to hurt others. Tell mom you MUST see some improvement within the probationary period of she is termed.

I would not be able to continue providing care for a child who hurts others purposely and reacts with screaming when corrected unless there was some improvements made and some parental guidance and correction on mom/dad's part.
Unregistered 02:40 PM 06-27-2014
Thank you black cat, good advice
mrs.banks14 03:49 PM 06-27-2014
I agree with Black Cat. The child needs to have help from the parents end as well. Maybe the parents just don't want you to know that she acts the same at home and they can't control her there either. However, you can do only so much from your end. Just don't tell them to spank her with a ruler like the owner at my own center did. lol. That just blew my mind when she said that. They would even put the child in a high chair for time out which is not right either. This child would just cuss a lot and say no and he is two. I believe that parents and providers need to work together to solve issues like this.
Reply Up