Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Separation Anxiety
katzan 01:15 PM 01-26-2015
I have a DCB who is now 14mos old. For the past 3 months, he's had awful separation anxiety and will no longer nap without screaming his head off. I've had him since he was about 6 months old and this is all new stuff. We spend most of our time in the play room. If I get up to get a baby a bottle, or get up to get lunches together or to even go to the bathroom, or for ANYTHING he screams bloody murder. I swear, DCF will be called on me b/c it sounds like I'm killing the kid.

I'd like to say he is just suffering separation anxiety but he doesn't do it with his mom when she leaves in the morning. He waves goodbye and asks to come to me and reaches out for me as soon as he sees me in the morning. She walks out the door, it's no big deal. I leave the room and it sounds like I just tried to kill him.

Is this normal for this age?? I have never dealt with anything like this, especially with such anxiety with the daycare provider. Mom and Dad leaving, yes, experienced that. Help, I'd like to be able to use the bathroom without a kid screaming at the top of his lungs!
Michael 01:37 AM 01-27-2015
More threads on separation anxiety: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ration+anxiety
Tags:separation anxiety
Reply Up