Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-31-2016, 12:42 PM
NeedaVaca's Avatar
NeedaVaca NeedaVaca is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Middle
Posts: 2,248
Default April Fools

Anyone doing anything for April Fools for the kids, parents or your own family?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-31-2016, 04:53 PM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,198
Default

I think I'll hang a sign on my door in the morning that says "You thought I was open today? April Fools! See you Monday!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-2016, 05:18 PM
NeedaVaca's Avatar
NeedaVaca NeedaVaca is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Middle
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
I think I'll hang a sign on my door in the morning that says "You thought I was open today? April Fools! See you Monday!"
Funny! I was debating putting a for sale sign in my front yard for the parents. For daycare kids I'm making breakfast for lunch, not really super funny but I have a really young group and they won't get any other jokes.

For my family I am going to set up shortcuts on each of their phones :example when my daughter types mom or my hubby types my name it will automatically convert to Queen of the Universe lol

Last year I got a hold of DH's phone and took a screenshot of the front where all the apps are, moved the apps to the next page and used the screenshot as the wallpaper! He kept pushing the apps and of course nothing happened, it was hilarious! He was muttering and restarting his phone lol, I was like what's wrong honey?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2016, 06:00 PM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca View Post
Funny! I was debating putting a for sale sign in my front yard for the parents. For daycare kids I'm making breakfast for lunch, not really super funny but I have a really young group and they won't get any other jokes.

For my family I am going to set up shortcuts on each of their phones :example when my daughter types mom or my hubby types my name it will automatically convert to Queen of the Universe lol

Last year I got a hold of DH's phone and took a screenshot of the front where all the apps are, moved the apps to the next page and used the screenshot as the wallpaper! He kept pushing the apps and of course nothing happened, it was hilarious! He was muttering and restarting his phone lol, I was like what's wrong honey?
You're good! I love the phone ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2016, 06:57 PM
LindseyA's Avatar
LindseyA LindseyA is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 200
Default

Last year I cut out a bunch of capital E's out of brown construction paper (for brownies). I laid them out on a cookie sheet and covered with tin foil. I set them in the oven until after school. When the SA's came home, I made the announcement that I made brownies, & took the covered cookie sheet out of the oven. Everyone liked the joke better when I passed out real brownies after.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-2016, 07:03 PM
childcaremom's Avatar
childcaremom childcaremom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyA View Post
Last year I cut out a bunch of capital E's out of brown construction paper (for brownies). I laid them out on a cookie sheet and covered with tin foil. I set them in the oven until after school. When the SA's came home, I made the announcement that I made brownies, & took the covered cookie sheet out of the oven. Everyone liked the joke better when I passed out real brownies after.
Oh man. I wish my own children had school tomorrow and I could do this. They have the day off so I'll have to try to remember this for next year.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2016, 10:43 PM
Sunshine74's Avatar
Sunshine74 Sunshine74 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca View Post
Funny! I was debating putting a for sale sign in my front yard for the parents. For daycare kids I'm making breakfast for lunch, not really super funny but I have a really young group and they won't get any other jokes.

For my family I am going to set up shortcuts on each of their phones :example when my daughter types mom or my hubby types my name it will automatically convert to Queen of the Universe lol

Last year I got a hold of DH's phone and took a screenshot of the front where all the apps are, moved the apps to the next page and used the screenshot as the wallpaper! He kept pushing the apps and of course nothing happened, it was hilarious! He was muttering and restarting his phone lol, I was like what's wrong honey?
I did this with my director's computer a year or two ago. It was hilarious! One year I put food coloring in the toilet tanks, so when the kids flushed, it turned the water colors. I'm not sure what, if anything, I'm going to do this year.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-01-2016, 06:31 AM
NightOwl's Avatar
NightOwl NightOwl is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,716
Default

I'm making yellow crime scene tape from one of those bright yellow plastic table cloths. I'm going to string it across my front door so it's the first thing parents see when they come for pick up.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2016, 07:12 AM
DaveA's Avatar
DaveA DaveA is offline
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,204
Default

All I do is grin and not tell DCKs or my kids how much I despise this "Holiday". Sorry but I'm the Ebenezer Scrooge of April Fool's Day.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-01-2016, 07:17 AM
Second Home's Avatar
Second Home Second Home is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,569
Default

My son put orange juice in my coffee this morning . Not funny at all . My daughter hid all the eggs , I have looked everywhere but can not find them . Now I will have to wait until my chickens lay some so I can have breakfast .
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-01-2016, 07:25 AM
laundrymom's Avatar
laundrymom laundrymom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveArmour View Post
All I do is grin and not tell DCKs or my kids how much I despise this "Holiday". Sorry but I'm the Ebenezer Scrooge of April Fool's Day.
I have the same idea on it.
I only have four today and they are under 2 and I'm on vaca starting at 4pm for a week. We are totally enjoying a day of silly and crazy.

Using the day as an excuse to be foolish.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-01-2016, 01:30 PM
e.j.'s Avatar
e.j. e.j. is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,681
Default

I never do April Fool's pranks, especially for the dc kids because most are too young to get the joke. I hadn't planned on doing anything this year either until I saw an idea on Pinterest and decided to see if I could prank my own family. I printed out templates of a few large insects and cut them out. I taped one of the bugs onto the inside of my dining room curtain, another onto the inside of my kitchen curtain and another on the inside of a lamp shade. With the sun or light shining through them, it does look like there's a big bug climbing on them. I'm just waiting for when my own kids or husband get home to see if there's any reaction. In the meantime, one of my 3 year old dc kids noticed the bug on my dining room curtain, pointed at it and ran away. When I showed her it was just paper, she started to laugh so hopefully she got the joke and doesn't have nightmares tonight!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Mandy's Avatar
Mandy Mandy is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: TN and SC :)
Posts: 139
Smile

Im not sure if this is April fools but I would post random statuses on Facebook with different locations I was in (although I really was not). I remember last year, I put a status that said "I met Santa at the North Pole." I added my location as "North Pole" for that status .

I also remember a memorable April Fools day when my sister and I were kids. We loved the dollar store and one day, we bought toy bugs. They were incredibly life like. We had the brightest idea to put a toy cockroach on the toilet (with the lid closed). Our dad went into the bathroom, and the next thing I heard was dad smacking the toilet lid with a newspaper . After about a minute, he realized it was a toy. He told us he liked the joke but we were not allowed to do it again . Since then, we have not repeated the joke

I usually just celebrate that day as my dog's birthday . He was born on this day seven years ago .
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-01-2016, 02:02 PM
NoMoreJuice!'s Avatar
NoMoreJuice! NoMoreJuice! is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: KS
Posts: 715
Default

This morning I posted a sign on the door that said "I apologize for the inconvenience, but daycare is closed today for a family emergency. Please text me if you have any questions, otherwise we will be open on Monday." Then I waited in the dark for the confusion to start.

I got all 12 families and my employee, lol!! I was waiting behind the front door listening, and most of them read the note and said "Uh, oh." A few parents arrived at the same time and shared their confusion until I opened the door and let them in on the joke. My husband was downstairs with the kids who arrived while I April-Fooled the parents. It was hilarious to see the relief on their faces when I opened the door!

Then I made spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast and told the kids after we eat lunch, we were going down for nap. They were a little confused until I yelled April Fools! and we went to the park. They pulled funny tricks on me all day (like telling me my shoes were on the wrong feet, then when I looked down they yelled April Fools!) and each other, as long as they were nice tricks.

Then we had breakfast for lunch and went to sleep. It's been such a fun, crazy day! Little things like this really help me love my job even more!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-01-2016, 02:35 PM
NightOwl's Avatar
NightOwl NightOwl is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Im not sure if this is April fools but I would post random statuses on Facebook with different locations I was in (although I really was not). I remember last year, I put a status that said "I met Santa at the North Pole." I added my location as "North Pole" for that status .

I also remember a memorable April Fools day when my sister and I were kids. We loved the dollar store and one day, we bought toy bugs. They were incredibly life like. We had the brightest idea to put a toy cockroach on the toilet (with the lid closed). Our dad went into the bathroom, and the next thing I heard was dad smacking the toilet lid with a newspaper . After about a minute, he realized it was a toy. He told us he liked the joke but we were not allowed to do it again . Since then, we have not repeated the joke

I usually just celebrate that day as my dog's birthday . He was born on this day seven years ago .
My dog's birthday is today too! She's 4.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I put some food coloring in the restroom tank and in the children milk, this afternoon we are making fake chocolate treats for the parents made of cardboard put in cute bag.

I am trying to find jokes to do this afternoom...maybe toys in their shoes?

They are all 3 and up so is really fun for them.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-01-2016, 03:03 PM
childcaremom's Avatar
childcaremom childcaremom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice! View Post
This morning I posted a sign on the door that said "I apologize for the inconvenience, but daycare is closed today for a family emergency. Please text me if you have any questions, otherwise we will be open on Monday." Then I waited in the dark for the confusion to start.

I got all 12 families and my employee, lol!! I was waiting behind the front door listening, and most of them read the note and said "Uh, oh." A few parents arrived at the same time and shared their confusion until I opened the door and let them in on the joke. My husband was downstairs with the kids who arrived while I April-Fooled the parents. It was hilarious to see the relief on their faces when I opened the door!

Then I made spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast and told the kids after we eat lunch, we were going down for nap. They were a little confused until I yelled April Fools! and we went to the park. They pulled funny tricks on me all day (like telling me my shoes were on the wrong feet, then when I looked down they yelled April Fools!) and each other, as long as they were nice tricks.

Then we had breakfast for lunch and went to sleep. It's been such a fun, crazy day! Little things like this really help me love my job even more!
Sounds like fun!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-02-2016, 12:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I love the idea of spaghetti for breakfast! Cute! And then nap!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Snowmom's Avatar
Snowmom Snowmom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,685
Default

For the first time ever, I played.

I put a sign on the front door "closed today" and in small print underneath I wrote "april fools".

Well, one of my dcd's could read it from the driveway (I have no idea how... he must have super power vision) and immediately backed out of the driveway and drove off.

I felt so horrible.

I called up and got his voicemail. I left a message and he ended up coming back 15 minutes later, laughing. But oh man, was my face red.
His wife called me later in the day cracking up asking if her husband was the only one to fall for it (and he was).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april fools, april fools ideas, april fools!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
April Newsletter Ideas? Miss A Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 03-30-2016 09:44 PM
April Fool's Day? Christina72684 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 19 04-02-2014 05:04 AM
Ideas for April Sensory Bin Country Kids Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 17 04-02-2013 05:21 PM
Do I Need To Pay Estimated Tax Now Or April kpa0627 Daycare and Taxes 7 01-05-2011 06:09 PM
April Themes? gkids09 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 03-31-2010 07:01 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming