Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fever/flu
TwinMama 10:27 AM 03-19-2019
All my daycare kids were out at some point last week because of fever and being sick. A couple of parents even brought them still sick and I had to send them home.

Now my kids are spiking a fever of 100.7. What do you do when you're kids get a mild fever during a daycare day?
Cat Herder 10:48 AM 03-19-2019
Any other symptoms?

Can you isolate them to their bedrooms?
TwinMama 10:55 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Any other symptoms?

Can you isolate them to their bedrooms?
No other symptoms. I absolutely can isolate them to their bedroom or the family room downstairs.
AmyKidsCo 11:20 AM 03-19-2019
I isolate my kiddos in their bedrooms or the basement family room. When they were younger I used an extra baby monitor so they could call me if they needed something, but now they're older they take care of themselves. The only time I closed for one of my kids' illnesses is when one was 2 and hospitalized overnight for croup.
Jupadia 12:50 PM 03-19-2019
During day I'm lucky my MIL lives like 5min car ride away. She already dose pick ups and drop offs to school for my oldest. So I can call her, if it's the older guy I just isolate up stairs.
I have called for dks to be pick up, but that day my MIL already had the oldest at her house puking and picked up from school. My guy started picking at 4pm. Since it was repeating and I could not keep him clean let alone try to separate a 3 year old. Luckily that day I only had one dk left.
Snowmom 12:57 PM 03-19-2019
When my own were infants, I would close.
When they were 1-4, I would give a heads up to families (enter at your own risk warning) and have my kids either on the couch with a baby monitor or in the bedroom I had attached to the playroom.

School age (5+), they stay in their room and have a phone to call/text me when they need something.
Blackcat31 01:12 PM 03-19-2019
I follow my own illness policy.
My kids are grown and gone from home but when they were young, they stayed with their father if they were sick or I closed if their father was not available.
I don't support or agree with isolation and remaining open but that is my personal opinion and not the norm for most providers.
Ariana 02:27 PM 03-19-2019
For me it depends on whether or not the daycare kids have had it. If they have I don’t isolate them. If the daycare kids haven’t had what my kid has then they go to their rooms and my husband stays home to look after them/work from home.
Josiegirl 02:47 PM 03-19-2019
I used to give the dcfs a heads-up, then make sure my own kids stayed in their beds most of the day, which is right off the kitchen anyways. So it wasn't like they were really isolated as I was on the other side of their door. But I certainly didn't let them mingle or play with everybody. If my kids were sick, bed was where they wanted to be anyways.
A lot depended on what they had too. If it was a horrendous stomach bug I'd close because my own child needed more care than I was able to give with a houseful of other kids.
Cat Herder 04:39 AM 03-20-2019
I agree that having the other parent provide sick care is ideal but with the fevers spiking at 1:30 in the afternoon and closing time less than 4 hours away, isolation sometimes is the only answer.

I would schedule DH for day two-three (24 hours fever free without meds).
Tags:illness - provider's child, illness policy, providers own children
Reply Up