Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Black Friday/ Cyber Monday
Sprouts 04:51 PM 11-20-2011
anyone going black friday hunting for toys??? Or cyber monday PLease share any good links please!!!!
caring4kidsinSD 04:56 PM 11-20-2011
Walgreens - buy 1 get one free on their $9.99 toys THurday.
Target has some games for like $4
JCPennies has a few Fisher Price Toys listed in their ad for around $4 also.

Gonna stock up not only for Christmas but for their birthdays next year! I love having all the toy shopping done in 1 weekend for the kids. I always end up overbuying and sitting home Friday afternoon deciding what I need to take back.
PitterPatter 05:56 PM 11-20-2011
Originally Posted by caring4kidsinSD:
Walgreens - buy 1 get one free on their $9.99 toys THurday.
Target has some games for like $4
JCPennies has a few Fisher Price Toys listed in their ad for around $4 also.

Gonna stock up not only for Christmas but for their birthdays next year! I love having all the toy shopping done in 1 weekend for the kids. I always end up overbuying and sitting home Friday afternoon deciding what I need to take back.
I do the same thing buy too much. I never take back tho. I store it all in my attic for daycare kids birthdays or my sons friends birthdays. Cousins we sometimes forget etc.

I learned my lesson last Christmas when my cousin met a new girlfriend and she brought her kids to our family Christmas exchange. I had nothing to give her children and felt just awful! Had I known about them I would have had something ready.
Lucy 07:23 PM 11-20-2011
Oh HECK no! LOL. That whole Black Friday business is not for me. No thank you.
juliebug 07:25 PM 11-20-2011
i will be going not sure everything i will get yet.
mommyto5 07:42 PM 11-20-2011
Kohl's will be selling a bunch of toys at 50% off
Abigail 08:01 PM 11-20-2011
I'm not one to buy new toys, everything I own is second-hand, but you would never know by looking at it! Obviously I do buy some things new, but not toys really.

I only plan to go to 2-3 stores on Friday. Walmart has a wireless printer for $69 and ink cartridge 2-packs for $28. The printer is a print, scan, copy, and fax. I have all the already (7 year old printer), BUT I don't currently have fax or wireless options and I've wanted to upgrade my printer for about 2 years. Also, I currently pay about $26 just for black ink so I will be stocking up on the inks as well. It's mostly used for business so it will benefit me in many ways!

The nice thing about Walmart shopping on this day is that you can stand right next to the item you want and not wait outside in the cold for hours. I don't stand in lines. I usually go to Menards for bath and body gifts for family all under $5 and if I wait until about 8:30/9:00 they still have plenty left and I don't have to wait in a checkout lane forever either.
melskids 03:34 AM 11-21-2011
no way...no thank you.....not gonna happen. i hate shopping to begin with, i can't imagine dealing with all that on black friday.

i do all my christmas shopping thoughout the year...and finish up anything i need online.

believe it or not...i got all my sisters gifts at yard sales this summer. she's big into vintage, serving platters, and anything thats buttercream yellow color. I found quite a few pieces i know she's gonna love, all for under $20!
laundrymom 03:51 AM 11-21-2011
I LOVE black Friday!!!

It takes a boring trip to the mall, and adds a cage fighting feel to it. Lol.
MichellesKiddos 04:54 AM 11-21-2011
I LOVE Black Friday shopping! Walmart has $3.88 kids games, $5 barbies..which I will probably stock up on for next year as well. K-mart has 50% off baby toys, kohls has 50% off most toys or buy one get one deals. By the end of the weekend when I sit down and figure out all that I got, it's clear to see all the money that I saved by 'braving' the madness out there This year (since the opening times seem to inch backwards every year ) we'll be heading out at 9pm to get to Walmart by opening..and of course make our Dunkin Donuts run in between Hopefully this year is bit more peaceful than last year..had a few encounters with VERY rude people. Have fun everyone!
SilverSabre25 05:04 AM 11-21-2011
Might go to Kohl's. I don't *need* any other toys this year though so I don't know. I fully expected to need to do Christmas shopping, but surprise! I have everything sitting in my Amazon cart waiting to get either low on stock or for various payments on our Amazon card to go through (I'm not passing up 3% cash back...all our Amazon purchases, about $300+ in total this year, are going through the credit card, lol).

We do need a new dishwasher, but no one that I found is having a great sale *on a dishwasher I am interested in buying*. Never, ever, EVER buy a Frigidaire dishwasher--a couple of the models are known to cause lots of house fires, but for some reason have never been recalled despite numerous problems with overheating.
countrymom 06:11 AM 11-21-2011
I just booked my hotel last night, I know we are going to great lakes crossings at midnight, I need to go to target and walmart. I love black friday, my kids love it too, they sit in the hallways watching people, to them that is exciting. I bring my kids because they are line holders, so I can shop.
mommiesherie 06:36 AM 11-21-2011
Countrymom, my older daughters go with me. They are 19 and 20 and we all tag team it! I do wish I had a line holder though!!!! We have so much fun! Its gonna be a long day for me. It will start on thurs night at midnight. Then end at probably midnight friday night because the husband and I are going to see jeff dunnham friday night so it will be a late one! It will be worth it though. Black friday is one of my favorite days of the year!!
NiNi.R. 07:08 AM 11-21-2011
About 40 mins away from where I live there is a walmart in a smaller town. (They don't have anything else store wise.) I plan my entire Christmas around what they have to offer. I arrived at 9:30 and was out of the store by 11. It was excellent.

This year Walmart has a little people princess castle and pop and surprise train. Both retail at 100.00-120.00. They have them for 20.00!
beachgrl 07:37 AM 11-21-2011
I will be going, probably try to snag some movies and games. Our boys are video gamers and we are all movie buffs..I love the deals to be had one movies online and in stores on black friday as well as the sales on clothing items. We always get new pjs and usually some jeans and shirts too.

I will be looking at the adds and making my tentative shopping lists this week and will see what I can get online for the same or better price,then plan my attack for the stores first most likely hitting up walmart at 10pm on thanksgiving because I won't be after their electronics craziness, never am there! I want the ninja blender they have for doing my smoothies by shakeolody and others but I also saw it elsewhere for $10 more for a possibly better version so I will need to check them both out.

It is worth it to me to snag the deals and it is fun with my hubby, so we usually venture out for a few hours and then get breakfast together and head home for a much needed nap.
mac60 08:51 AM 11-21-2011
I used to do it, the Black Friday shopping. I have slowed down a lot. I do go to Kohls. I am really disgusted with the whole retail markets, as seriously there is no reason to open at 10 pm or 12 pm on Thanksgiving night. Let the families have a nice holiday day with their families. Retailers have gotten so greedy with the holidays. Whether they do "Black Friday" prices from 8 am to 2 pm or 7 pm to 11 pm, the shoppers will be there. The whole thing is getting out of hand.....especially when people get trampled to dealth while doing it.
Childminder 10:05 AM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by :
I just booked my hotel last night, I know we are going to great lakes crossings at midnight, I need to go to target and walmart. I love black friday, my kids love it too, they sit in the hallways watching people, to them that is exciting. I bring my kids because they are line holders, so I can shop.
Great Lakes Crossing, in MI is opening at 9pm Thanksgiving night.
Sugar Magnolia 10:25 AM 11-21-2011
Please, everyone, try to buy something from a small business that is locally owned! They NEED your business, Walmart and Target...not so much. Personally, for the adults on my list, I like to buy hand-made local items, like prints from local artists, crafts, hand made jewlery. Or gifts from a small shop. Or gift certificates to locally owned restaurants. Please, Main Street needs us. We are all small businesses, so let's do our part to support small shopkeepers, artists, restaurantuers, etc. I know the bix box stores are convenient and easy, but even ONE gift purchased from a small local business would help.
Christian Mother 11:21 AM 11-21-2011
I don't like to do black fri...I sleep in...heheh!! But last yr they had great deals online at walmart so I think I'll stay up and ck out all the cyber deals. Walmart had a great deal on the DSi XL so I want to see what they are doing again this yr on those... My kids are exchanging one gift for each other this yr. My daughter wants a barbie doll house and my son wants a ipod. I looked on CL and might go that rout also. We have never done a huge Christmas gift giving thing. We pull out of a hat for the family and buy 1 gift for each other and then we do a lot of transitional things like bake a ham, go out looking at Christmas lights, go out with the family and go on neighborhood hay rides looking at house lights. Sing carols around the neighborhood. Drink hot coco and also spend lots of time with family. The kids don't know anything else.
countrymom 11:45 AM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Great Lakes Crossing, in MI is opening at 9pm Thanksgiving night.
I think forever 21 opens at midnight, I hate that store, but my girls want to get some cheap jewlery (and my niece) Last year it opened early but the stores didn't open till midnight, the screaming was crazy, my ds thought it was the best thing he has ever seen, crazy people shopping
mac60 06:37 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Please, everyone, try to buy something from a small business that is locally owned! They NEED your business, Walmart and Target...not so much. Personally, for the adults on my list, I like to buy hand-made local items, like prints from local artists, crafts, hand made jewlery. Or gifts from a small shop. Or gift certificates to locally owned restaurants. Please, Main Street needs us. We are all small businesses, so let's do our part to support small shopkeepers, artists, restaurantuers, etc. I know the bix box stores are convenient and easy, but even ONE gift purchased from a small local business would help.
I so agree with you on this. Only problem is, in our town, nobody thinks it is important to be open after 5/5:30 pm, and I work till 5:15, and can not get to the shops. They have renovated our town, and constantly have "Shop here" ads in the paper, yet no one has been smart enough to figure out that you must be open in the evenings when the working person can get to the stores, seems like they would of taught that in retail management.
MyAngels 08:29 PM 11-21-2011
Our downtown revitalization was just finished completely this summer. It is so beautiful with all of the lights at night, and the shops and restaurants are cool and awesome! I wish all cities and towns had a place like ours to shop. I can always find unique gifts downtown that get ooohs and ahhhs from family and friends, so yes, support your local stores - you will reap the benefits, too .
Abigail 10:47 PM 11-21-2011
WOW, I just realized that Walmart opens at 10 pm! Why not 4 am or whatever the time was last year? Why are the stores moving it up? Then I looked further into the ad and different pages of the items start the sale and some are not available until midnight or later or something....good thing I saw it or I would have gone at 10 and had to go back, lol. What bites is the items that don't go on sale til a few hours later the lines might be long. UGH

Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
About 40 mins away from where I live there is a walmart in a smaller town. (They don't have anything else store wise.) I plan my entire Christmas around what they have to offer. I arrived at 9:30 and was out of the store by 11. It was excellent.

This year Walmart has a little people princess castle and pop and surprise train. Both retail at 100.00-120.00. They have them for 20.00!
I tried to find the castle and train in our ad, but didn't see it!
DCMom 04:26 AM 11-22-2011

So true. I have all adults on my list now that my kids are grown up and starting out. We do local restaurant gift certificates and gas cards; pay their car insurance for a month or grocery store gift cards. I Love handmade, local gifts. Some of my favorite things are from places like this.

That's not to say the hubby isn't in line at Menards for something! He loves a good deal. Me? I'm sleeping in...
Tags:black friday
Reply Up