Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My DD Has Surgery Tomorrow
sahm1225 05:50 PM 04-16-2014
It's to remove her tonsils & possibly adenoids. She's 2.

I told a dcm that I would call her today to discuss their schedule and I honestly dont have the energy & my mind is not on business at all.

Should I send her an email saying I will call her over the weekend?
SilverSabre25 06:31 PM 04-16-2014
I probably would. "Sorry if I seemed a bit short earlier, I am focused on and maybe a bit worried about DD"s surgery tomorrow. I will give you a call on Sunday once things have settled down a bit. Thanks for understanding,"
jenn 07:03 PM 04-16-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I probably would. "Sorry if I seemed a bit short earlier, I am focused on and maybe a bit worried about DD"s surgery tomorrow. I will give you a call on Sunday once things have settled down a bit. Thanks for understanding,"

Sorry your baby has to have surgery. My daughter has had several, and I know how scary it is no matter how routine the doctors make it sound! Sending positive thoughts for you and her!
SignMeUp 07:06 PM 04-16-2014
Your baby girl comes first

DaisyMamma 04:04 AM 04-17-2014

and don't feel bad about it either. She understands, she's a mom.
Second Home 04:55 AM 04-17-2014
I know how you are feeling 2 of my kids have had surgery ( 1 was major to remove a tumor ) .

The dcp I had at the time understood and I took a few days off after my ds surgery .

Just do what you need to for your Dd and yourself.
sahm1225 05:18 AM 04-17-2014
Thanks everyone!
jenn 02:33 PM 04-17-2014
Hope everything went well today!
sahm1225 03:13 PM 04-17-2014
Surgery went well. Still in recovery, probably being admitted overnight for observation because of breathing issues
NeedaVaca 04:06 PM 04-17-2014

jenn 05:45 PM 04-17-2014
You will be in my thought and prayers. Sometimes after surgery I wish they would just automatically have them spend the night. It's no fun being in the hospital, for the patient or family, but at least you have some help in making her comfortable.
Rachel 01:54 AM 04-18-2014
Hope she's feeling better! Two of mine have also had surgery. One dd tonsils and adenoids at 5 and ds open heart surgery at 6 days old. Both were totally terrifing. In fact I chickened out with dd and made dh take her (plus I had a nursing baby at home at the time).
sahm1225 05:04 AM 04-18-2014
Thanks everyone.
She had oxygen until a little bit ago and her numbers without the oxygen are a little low but nothing like yesterday. She has a fever and just got tylenol. She seem tired but no longer in crazy pain like yesterday. Keep praying ladies please!
Rachel 12:38 PM 04-19-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Thanks everyone.
She had oxygen until a little bit ago and her numbers without the oxygen are a little low but nothing like yesterday. She has a fever and just got tylenol. She seem tired but no longer in crazy pain like yesterday. Keep praying ladies please!
Hope she's feeling better by now!
sahm1225 07:05 PM 04-19-2014
Thanks! We finally got discharged. She's been okay as long as I stay on too of the pain medicine. We will follow up w her doctor on Monday to find out why her oxygen levels were so low. But as of right now, she's asleep on my arms
SilverSabre25 08:06 PM 04-19-2014
So glad she's doing better!
Tags:surgery
Reply Up