Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drool, Drool, Go Away!
Dia 11:07 AM 04-24-2018
I have this 18 month dcb that drools soooooo much. It's a constant river of drool since he was about 4 months or so. I thought it would be getting better over time but has only gotten worse. He just leaks all over. I double bib him and it still goes through to his clothes. When he sits at the high chair he leaves puddles on the tray and it pools in his "crumb catcher" on his bib. He is always sticking his hands in his mouth and it leaks down his arms and drips off his elbows. He crawls around and it just drips onto the floor, every toy he touches is soaked.

It is making it very hard for me to get close to this child, I just can't snuggle him or anything without getting all soaked and honestly it just grosses me out. What can I do with all this drool? Mom said they just keep him in a diaper at home so they don't have to deal with wet clothes
Blackcat31 01:40 PM 04-24-2018
Ewww! I've had kids like that.
Most have out grown it by the time they are 2-2.5.

I know that isn't much of a consolation WHILE you are dealing with it but what do you do... I just try to keep a really absorbent dishtowel type bib on them and use it to wipe away the drool as it appears. Change the bib frequently.

NO idea why some kids are "wetter" than others but I've had a few that I figured should be dehydrated considering how much they drool during one day.
Jdy2222 02:40 PM 04-24-2018
I have one like that, same age, who also has a constantly running nose. As soon as she comes in the house I put a bib on her and use it to wipe, wipe, wipe all day long, and change bib as needed.
Luvnmykidz 08:30 PM 04-24-2018
I have one like that and dck is 20 months. It’s excessive and dck will not keep the bibs on so mom puts two shirts on, however dck soaks both. Curious if any of your dck’s that do this are walking around with their mouth open, because my dck does constantly. I still attempt the bibs and will usually touch dck’s lips with the bib and say “close your mouth”. Now sometimes I can just say “C” close your mouth or lips together and dck listens. It has helped to minimize some of the drooling puddles, but not completely. Mom inquired about it with the DR and the response from the DR was that it’s likely “teething or allergies”. Seems that’s a go to for everything now a days. It’s so common that my family recently caught someone’s “teething or allergies”.
ColorfulSunburst 09:42 PM 04-24-2018
i had a kid like that. I tought him that he has to keep his mouth closed and keep "water" in his mouth and swallow it. It helped. Every time when he opened his mouth and started drooling I caled him by his name and show him what he has to do.
alyssahenderson 09:58 PM 04-24-2018
I have also a kid who drools a lot, but I trained her to close her mouth and I always put in her a bib to prevent her clothes from getting wet.
Tags:drool, drooling
Reply Up