Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Restraining Order
TGT09 04:35 AM 02-07-2011
Have any of you gotten a restraining order against a daycare parent for harassment after being terminated? I'm curious what this entails, whether it was worth it, etc.
Little People 04:37 AM 02-07-2011
Are you having trouble with an old dcp?
Dsquared 04:44 AM 02-07-2011
Yikes! The more and more I read this forum, the less and less I want my wife doing this kind of work I hope everything works out for you.
Mrs.Ky 05:04 AM 02-07-2011
I have never gotten a restraining order but I had to call the police one time. I termed a DCB because he would not listen, hit, kick the DCK's, the last straw was when he kicked at DCK in the stomach for no reason. Well the Mom called the same night saying how dare you term my kid for hitting that stupid white kid, we dont wanna come to your raciest daycare anyways (She was african American and myself white), she said she was gonna beat my white BEEP and she will be at my house later I hung up on her and called the police and they told her not to go anywhere near my house or she will be arrested never saw her again nor have I come across a parent like that again.
TGT09 05:14 AM 02-07-2011
Yes, I terminated a family that I continually let step on me (my fault I know) and finally got fed up. She has turned absolutely ridiculous and I am more than appalled at the things she's saying to me! She hasn't tried anything physical but she's sending harassing texts that I've told her to stop and she keeps wanting something else from me. I just want her to stop and move on!
Lilbutterflie 05:32 AM 02-07-2011
So sorry you are dealing with this. I hope I never have to deal with a parent like that!
I know you shouldn't have to do this; but have you thought about changing your phone number?
Every state is different with their harrassment laws, but I would look into what your state's laws are regarding this. If there is legal action you could take, I would send her a warning text back stating you are going to be taking legal action against her if she continues.
Pammie 05:36 AM 02-07-2011
I had a similar terminated parent recently.

I called my cell phone company, and my home phone company and had her home/cell/work numbers blocked. (By doing so, you'll have documentation that you attempted to stop her from communicating with you) I sent her a registered letter - that she had to sign for - stating that her calls were now blocked, I would not read/open any emails from her and that any further communication from her would have to be in the form of a written letter delivered by US Postal Service. (By doing this, I had a receipt that she received my letter) I told her that I would be saving any letters to hand over to the authorities should her harassment continue.

That stopped the harassment and I've never heard another word from her.
Hope it helps!
Hugs!!
jen 05:57 AM 02-07-2011
Pammie' s suggestion sounds like a winner! Geesh, people are nuts! Good luck! I hope the nutbag back off!
TGT09 09:10 AM 02-07-2011
Pammie, I've actually decided a similar route. I called the cell phone company this morning to see what I had to do to block her number. I also sent her letter (via priority with delivery confirmation) that if they want to contact me further that it needs to be via postmarked mail!

Hopefully, this was it and I won't have to go further with the restraining order! I just wondered if anyone had to do this.

So ridiculous that I even have to deal with her anymore!
Kaddidle Care 10:16 AM 02-07-2011
She wants something from you? That I don't get.

If she keeps it up, tell her you will have the record of her texts to you forward to the police and will be filing a complaint for harassment.
Tags:restraining order
Reply Up