Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Clothes Pet Peeve
lilcupcakes09 03:50 AM 04-17-2014
Why do parents dress their infants/toddlers in clothes that do not fit??!! It drives me absolutely insane! Pants are too long and dragging, slipping off their heinies, sleeves are hanging way off theirs arms. Ugh!!!!
Laurel 04:27 AM 04-17-2014
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
Why do parents dress their infants/toddlers in clothes that do not fit??!! It drives me absolutely insane! Pants are too long and dragging, slipping off their heinies, sleeves are hanging way off theirs arms. Ugh!!!!
I know! Or clothes are too small. The one I hate most is that the socks are too small. The sock is on the child and looks okay with a shoe on but the heel part is under the arch of the foot. Just buy tube socks folks.

Laurel
Naptime yet? 04:27 AM 04-17-2014
They'll grow into them, lol! I have one that's the opposite, everything is too small & the baby is busting out of them. I'm not sure why dcps haven't sized baby up yet, maybe it's like the kids with their saggy pants, it's hip to have your diaper hanging out
Laurel 04:43 AM 04-17-2014
A lot of times if they are too big I will find their spare outfits in their diaper bag and put those on them.

Laurel
coolconfidentme 04:54 AM 04-17-2014
A man who never changed one single diaper invented onsies & snapping pants..., I'm sure of it!!!
daycare_jen 04:58 AM 04-17-2014
lol. yesterday a dcb, a really tall 3yo was wearing a 24 months tee. his younger brother is 2yo and doesn't even wear those, he's in 3T.
cheerfuldom 05:20 AM 04-17-2014
agree. I have an almost 2 year old that is constantly wearing clothing and diapers too small for her. She has an older sister, I know they already have a lot of hand me downs ready for her use.
lilcupcakes09 05:54 AM 04-17-2014
Oh yes I forgot to mention my other dcb, different family who is almost 6.....pretty tall for his age, who only has 1 jacket, which is a Size 3T!!!! He only has 2 swestshirts that he wears over and over everyday each week! And these are not people who can't afford clothes! Just makes me shake my head!
jenboo 06:32 AM 04-17-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I know! Or clothes are too small. The one I hate most is that the socks are too small. The sock is on the child and looks okay with a shoe on but the heel part is under the arch of the foot. Just buy tube socks folks.

Laurel
I was just talking about the sock thing yesterday to a friend! It drives me nuts!
Laurel 06:43 AM 04-17-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I was just talking about the sock thing yesterday to a friend! It drives me nuts!
When mine were small I used to buy all white socks in packages so if I lost one I'd have another one to make a pair. That said, my granddaughter (7) wears mismatched socks on purpose and she has quite the fashion sense. They look kind of cute. They do fit though.

Laurel
GKJNIGMN 07:10 AM 04-17-2014
I have sibling DCGs that do often come in clothes that are much too small but I am also convinced that the kids have the oddest body shapes I have ever seen.

Whether they come in clothes that are too small, too big, or just right their pants are always falling down. It is like the top half of their body is really big and the bottom half is extra small lol

The huge pet peeve I have that the same DCM does is sends her kids in the same socks for weeks. Literally the bottom of their socks are completely black. Then when I tell her they need their socks changed......she sends them barefoot.
Unregistered 08:03 AM 04-17-2014
1. Snap & zip pants on babies that must be unsnapped & unzipped to change diapers.
2. Sausage pants. Too tight to pull down and up easily, elastic tight around waist to the point you almost have to shake/wiggle them into them.
SilverSabre25 08:07 AM 04-17-2014
I get tired of "frou-frou" clothing. Belts on babies or toddlers, button-down shirts, the dad that layers his toddler in a long sleeved, the a short sleeved, then a tank top.....(not kidding...it's the stupidest look ever), shoes that are NOT play shoes...fashionable boots....

GAH! Simple pants/shorts, simple shirts, simple shoes....DONE.
Oss_cc 08:14 AM 04-17-2014
Ugh! Right?!?

The worst for me is the 10 mo infant still wearing 3 mo jeans. Sure they technically "fit" if DCG is laying down stiff as a mummy, but no way can she move! And getting them back on after a diaper change...

I started changing her to her spare leggings every time mom brought her in those, and I haven't seen the jeans in a few weeks... Maybe she got the hint.
hwichlaz 08:19 AM 04-17-2014
Too long doesn't bother me because I know how hard it is to find things that fit in the waist AND for length.

BUT they need to be able to move comfortable. Too tight, or so loose they are falling off drives me bonkers.
taylorw1210 08:26 AM 04-17-2014
I can handle too big as long as the clothes are not literally falling off. However, several of my dck's come in clothing too SMALL and it drives me batty! I swear one of my DCM's was totally in denial of how big her child was getting and kept him in a size that was far too small for a ridiculous amount of time, and she even acknowledged she was doing so and would laugh and say, "But he just has so many things he hasn't worn yet!"
TickleMonster 08:40 AM 04-17-2014
I know it! Many of my dck constantly come in socks that are too small, pants that are too big, and oneies that are so tight they wont even snap. Its ridiculous. I also have one whose clothes never fit and always appear dirty (could be just stains though) and smelling of smoke! What is with these parents?
pandamom 09:04 AM 04-17-2014
I work in a center in a 2 year old room.

I dislike:

-Leggings ARE NOT pants! I have so many girls that come in wearing leggings as pants and we can always see the design of their pull-up/diaper/underwear through the thin material of the leggings. Plus they are not thick enough to keep them warm in the cool spring mornings. I even had to talk to parents whose daughter would freeze in the winter during outdoor play because we went out until it got below 20.

-overalls. Especially on kids that are potty training. I don't know of any 2 year old that can take the straps off themselves

-tutus. There was a girl in my class who wore a tutu every.day.over.leggings. She needed help every time she had to use the restroom. Despite talking to parents about the tutus hindering her independent pottying, parents would say ,"DCG wouldn't leave the house without her tutu" (sigh)
-onsies on a 2 year old. Especially when it's a 5t onsie.

-those one piece rompers. I always feel soooo uncomfortable having to undress a girl completely to change her diaper or help her undress to use the restroom. It's an open room so there's no where to hide.
NightOwl 10:40 AM 04-17-2014
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
Oh yes I forgot to mention my other dcb, different family who is almost 6.....pretty tall for his age, who only has 1 jacket, which is a Size 3T!!!! He only has 2 swestshirts that he wears over and over everyday each week! And these are not people who can't afford clothes! Just makes me shake my head!
This may actually fall under the category of neglect. Parents are required to supply the child with clothing that is the appropriate size, clean, in good condition, etc, per CPS. Is it THAT kind of serious?
Tags:clothes, pet peeve
Reply Up