Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do you see anything wrong in this photo?
crazydaycarelady 04:27 PM 08-24-2014
Anything at all?
Attached: nici.jpg (42.4 KB) 
redmaple 04:44 PM 08-24-2014
Nice block tower. Not sure what is along back wall along floor. For a second I thought it was a snake If daycare, then the cord by wall and outlet may not be a great idea.
NightOwl 04:44 PM 08-24-2014
Ummmmmm......
Lucy 05:10 PM 08-24-2014
Electrical cord taped to wall.

Missing trim piece where wall/carpet meet.
daycare 05:20 PM 08-24-2014
That block tower has a stronger foundation than the house the kids are playing in

Wth
crazydaycarelady 09:38 PM 08-24-2014
Another dc in my town posted this picture on her fb page. Not very good advertising IMO. But it makes me mad because I have been having to jump through hoops getting my renewal and they let this obvious stuff slide.
NightOwl 04:22 AM 08-25-2014
Ok i was afraid that was YOUR house and didn't want to start bashing. Lol.
crazydaycarelady 07:44 AM 08-25-2014
NO! LOL There is crumbling sheetrock with no trim, hanging wires and not sure about the outlet being covered but I got written up because I did not have the number to the actual fire department near my phone, just 911, which is who I would call to get the fire department here anyway.
craftymissbeth 10:03 AM 08-25-2014
She needs to install baseboards and fix that wire, but I don't see any crumbling sheet rock

If you're talking about the whitish colored lines on the wall, I think that's either light or some kind of photo anomaly... one of the lines goes through the blue block on top.

Also, while I would never post a picture like that... my dining room walls are in the process of being prepped for painting. I've patched all of the little nail holes (and there were HUNDREDS!) and all of the little cracks. My dining room walls look horrible and it's the first room you walk into. I guess my point is that my walls look downright terrible... but I hope no one judges me by them
preschoolteacher 11:10 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Ok i was afraid that was YOUR house and didn't want to start bashing. Lol.
Haha! Me too!
daycarediva 11:26 AM 08-25-2014
Um, that cord. That wall. Oh my. I would never have passed if there were any areas that resembled that!
Play Care 11:31 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Um, that cord. That wall. Oh my. I would never have passed if there were any areas that resembled that!
See, I was actually wondering about that. If the cord is taped to the wall, is it a hazard? Our regs say cords have to be out of reach, but I wondering about it being taped...And I don't believe not having molding would be an issue in and of itself. It looks terrible, but it's not inherently a safety issue.
CraftyMom 12:24 PM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
See, I was actually wondering about that. If the cord is taped to the wall, is it a hazard? Our regs say cords have to be out of reach, but I wondering about it being taped...And I don't believe not having molding would be an issue in and of itself. It looks terrible, but it's not inherently a safety issue.
My thoughts as well
crazydaycarelady 03:18 PM 08-25-2014
I am not sure if that cord is even taped (you can see a shadow) but I don't think it would pass muster. Even a baby could grab that and untape it.

Its not the missing molding that I would be concerned about but that wall material chipping away and being on the floor.

I just know I would never have taken that photo and put it on my business page. I would have taken the picture from another angle at least. It just does not look inviting, or safe.
Reply Up