Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Many Boogers
Unregistered 07:06 AM 04-14-2015
HOW does one child produce so much green boogers. Non stop bright green. I swear I've used a box of Kleenex and she's only been here 4 hours and she's not old enough to wipe properly. It's all I've been doing. So. Many. Boogers.
Leigh 07:15 AM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
HOW does one child produce so much green boogers. Non stop bright green. I swear I've used a box of Kleenex and she's only been here 4 hours and she's not old enough to wipe properly. It's all I've been doing. So. Many. Boogers.
I have FOUR kids like this now. 3 of them are 14, 15, and 16 months. I understand your pain!
lilcupcakes09 08:02 AM 04-14-2015
We are finally over that after about 3 weeks worth. I wanted to scream!! I was to the point I was ready to send every single one of them home until they had no more snot! So gross!!
Josiegirl 10:18 AM 04-14-2015
This week all noses seem to be clear and dry but I've got one little girl whose nose runs just like you describe and it never clears up in a few days. And it's so sooo gross. I'm always finding snot trails on things. Ewww. I feel for you and hope it goes away SOON!
Doesn't it make you want to hang a little bucket under their nose?
LysesKids 10:31 AM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I send my babes home if the snot is greenish... means there might be an infection; they can come back after seeing a Dr. Most end up on an antibiotic for a sinus or ear infection and in one case the little one got breathing treatments too because of so much drainage it was making her Puke.
Gemma 11:07 AM 04-14-2015
I think this year has been my worst year ever for colds! I have 6 kids and none of them know how to blow the nose on a Kleenex...it's messy!
Snowmom 11:23 AM 04-14-2015
If it's a constant runny nose on an infant or toddler, I send them home.
Those little noses house so much bacteria/germs. When they can't help me control their own mucus (i.e.; ASKING for a Kleenex, or help wipe their own noses), then it's just too much work for me to run around with a box of Kleenex all day to contain those germs.
Unregistered 01:24 PM 04-14-2015
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
If it's a constant runny nose on an infant or toddler, I send them home.
Those little noses house so much bacteria/germs. When they can't help me control their own mucus (i.e.; ASKING for a Kleenex, or help wipe their own noses), then it's just too much work for me to run around with a box of Kleenex all day to contain those germs.
Yes.
It's a matter of keeping a clean environment
Tags:boogers
Reply Up