Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much For Before School Care?
Crazy8 06:21 PM 06-08-2015
I provided care for a few kids this year just for the hour before the bus comes. No after school care, no days off from school. It was a nice little extra income but 2 kids left a few months ago when mom lost her job and now I only have 2 kids 2 days a week and I dread those 2 days. I have to get up an hour early just for them and then half the time they show up a half hour late and one of those days I don't even have other dc kids. I am putting my own child on the bus anyway, but I could sleep in more and do that in my pj's, LOL!

I am now trying to decide between giving it up for next year OR getting a good amount of kids in here to make it worth it (I really didn't mind it so much when I was doing it for 4 kids). I just called for prices for our school's before/after care program and was shocked at the prices. More than DOUBLE what I am charging so I also thought of doing a little price increase. What would you charge for just 1 hour in the mornings to put kids on the bus?
AuntTami 05:37 AM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I provided care for a few kids this year just for the hour before the bus comes. No after school care, no days off from school. It was a nice little extra income but 2 kids left a few months ago when mom lost her job and now I only have 2 kids 2 days a week and I dread those 2 days. I have to get up an hour early just for them and then half the time they show up a half hour late and one of those days I don't even have other dc kids. I am putting my own child on the bus anyway, but I could sleep in more and do that in my pj's, LOL!

I am now trying to decide between giving it up for next year OR getting a good amount of kids in here to make it worth it (I really didn't mind it so much when I was doing it for 4 kids). I just called for prices for our school's before/after care program and was shocked at the prices. More than DOUBLE what I am charging so I also thought of doing a little price increase. What would you charge for just 1 hour in the mornings to put kids on the bus?
Are you feeding them breakfast? If yes, $50/week. If no, $40. If I'm getting up an extra hour early, and especially if you're feeding them, it better be worth it.
lilcupcakes09 06:42 AM 06-09-2015
I would say $50 a week with breakfast included. That is one of my biggest peeves with parents, we all like to sleep in! A little communication is nice if your going to be late!
I would so love to have just before and after care, I'm working my way to that, but it's not coming easily.
MsLisa 06:45 AM 06-09-2015
Our before care only price is $60/week.
I'm there at 6:30am and do not offer breakfast.
(I put a total of 8 kids on 3 different buses every morning.)
Crazy8 10:23 AM 06-09-2015
no, I do not provide breakfast.

Our township program is $175/month so that comes to about $40/week (dividing by 4.333) or $8.00 a day and they take kids even earlier than I would, so I'd need to stay under that. Their prices for less days came in a little more - the 2 days a week would be $100/month so that's about $23/week or $11.50 a day. I was charging $5/day. I was hoping to raise it but I'm not really sure I can now that I break down the cost of our town program.
One plus was I was only charging for the number of school days in a month, so the amount changed each month. They still paid for snow days or sick days so I was never refunding/crediting, just paid the $5 x the number of school days each month, some months was 18-20 other months up to 25.
Reply Up