Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>9 Month Old Screeching Constantly
Unregistered 11:11 AM 10-31-2018
I'm sure there is not anything that can stop this, but just wondering how many of you out there have experienced this and how you have dealt with it. Today the high pitched screeching has given me a major headache! He doesn't go longer than 10-15 minutes during awake time without doing it. Sometimes he does it several times within minutes. He seems to do it just to hear himself, because it is not from him being upset. At first I thought it was related to when he is confined, such as being in his highchair, bouncy seat, pack n play, etc. However, even when he is crawling around on the floor he does it. I know this is just a phase, but it is draining on me and the other kids. He has been doing this for the last two months.
BrynleeJean 11:38 AM 10-31-2018
Im sorry. I have one that does this when their happy. its starts at a screech and ends with this horse like neigh sounds haha
Maybe try different activities that keep him more engages so he isn't doing that? if that makes sense. like my little one will make this noise because their happy outside and they love it or they like the ball on the floor. but if i give them something new like a puzzle or something they are so amazed by it it just takes their little words away and theyre quiet for a while.
coloradoprovider 12:25 PM 10-31-2018
Maybe redirection when the screeching starts. Sing a song that he/she likes and will participate in. Maybe whisper to the child so he needs to be quiet to hear what you're saying.
knoxmomof2 06:00 PM 10-31-2018
I just tell them "no, no.. Shhhh". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but it's worth the gamble Otherwise, maybe distract for a second?
Kimskiddos 07:17 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
I just tell them "no, no.. Shhhh". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but it's worth the gamble Otherwise, maybe distract for a second?
This is me. I've even looked at screecher a as I cover my ears and shake my head along with a shhh.
Unregistered 07:34 AM 11-01-2018
When I say no, shhh or ouch while covering my ears to my screecher, that only seems to encourage him to continue. He smiles at me and does it again. Ugh!
Ariana 11:37 AM 11-01-2018
He goes to bed for a few minutes everytime he does it. It is not a funny game and no one needs to put up with it.
Tags:screams all day, screeching
Reply Up