Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Do with Non-Nappers?
gfrack 11:01 AM 03-06-2019
As our children approach 5 years, they no longer want to nap. We allow them to look at a few books on their mats, and we just purchased a few books on tape. Is there anything else you would suggest? Thanks for your help!
Blackcat31 11:06 AM 03-06-2019
All mine nap. Even the 5 yr olds

Here are other threads about non nappers
Several have some good suggestions

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=non+sleepers
LittleExplorers 12:39 PM 03-06-2019
Move them on to a new program. . My 5 year olds look at books quietly while the little fall asleep, nap and remain quiet until nap time is over.
Jupadia 12:40 PM 03-06-2019
My only non napper is my own, who's 6 he plays in his room. I've allowed him to either read, play or use his leapfrog. But this is during the summer or other non school days. All my dks do nap, or at least play for quite time for me it's a requirement. My own guy dose not have to cause he goes to school most days and is not use to it.
Josiegirl 03:54 PM 03-06-2019
My 5 yos are turning out to be better nappers than my 2 yos!!!
I used to give some of the 4 yos who just would not nap anymore, busy boxes with quiet activities in them. Dry erase boards, puzzles, magnetic books or dolls, and books were a hit too.
Meeko 06:08 PM 03-07-2019
All my kids are required to nap. No nap = bye!!
gfrack 05:48 AM 03-08-2019
Thanks for your comments everyone. It's helpful to know what others do.
CeriBear 04:10 AM 03-09-2019
If they don’t nap or wake up before naptime is over I allow them to look at a book or play with a quiet toy on their cots.
Tags:non-nappers, won't sleep
Reply Up