Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What would your come back be?
Unregistered 06:25 AM 05-01-2018
Just counting down the days until I no longer provide care for a family that I have grown to resent. I resent them for a few reasons. The main 2 are not paying on time, the other is not following illness policy( this has gotten better lately as I no longer accept their kids sick).

Just curious of what your responses or action towards this would have been? Payment was due from this family last Friday. They did not come Friday but live across the street. I get a text from mom last night saying sorry they didnt pay me and that they meant to bring me my check over but something would come up or whatever. Now mind you they live across the street. I did not say anything. I really wanted to say something. I am counting down the days. They are done end of June! None of my other families pay late ever. Would love to hear what you guys would say or do.
Snowmom 06:32 AM 05-01-2018
My come back would be:
"Sure, no problem. Be sure to add on $10 for every day it has not been paid on time. As of today, you now owe X."
MomBoss 08:17 AM 05-01-2018
I tell parents they can put my check in my mailbox if they arent bringing their child the day tuition is due. Otherwise if they bring it the next day, theres a $10 late fee.
CityGarden 08:40 AM 05-01-2018
I aim to be proactive and send invoices in advance. That said I have one who is leaving mid-June who is M/W/F they always pay the first day their child is here instead of the first of the month. Tuition is due today they will likely pay tomorrow IF I send a text reminding the dcm.

I will text her this afternoon saying "Dear DCM, As a reminder tuition is due today please be sure to have it with you by drop off tomorrow or you can submit it via Chase Quick Pay at _____________"

I am just sucking it up because I like the family and also look forward to them leaving.
amberrose3dg 08:58 AM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just counting down the days until I no longer provide care for a family that I have grown to resent. I resent them for a few reasons. The main 2 are not paying on time, the other is not following illness policy( this has gotten better lately as I no longer accept their kids sick).

Just curious of what your responses or action towards this would have been? Payment was due from this family last Friday. They did not come Friday but live across the street. I get a text from mom last night saying sorry they didnt pay me and that they meant to bring me my check over but something would come up or whatever. Now mind you they live across the street. I did not say anything. I really wanted to say something. I am counting down the days. They are done end of June! None of my other families pay late ever. Would love to hear what you guys would say or do.
If you have a late fee in your contract respond with making sure they add that in. I would also make sure this family pays in advance towards the end so they don't leave owing you money.
Blackcat31 09:19 AM 05-01-2018
Me? My reply would have been:

"ALL payments are due on xx NO LATER than 5PM per our signed contract.

Since this is on-going issue, I feel it is best to cancel the child care services contract.
The last day services will be available are May, XX, 2018 (two weeks from date of missed payment).

Please bring the amount due in CASH upon drop off. Remember to add $10 per day to cover the late fee.
No services will be available without FULL payment."

I don't provide services for parents that don't feel payment to their child care provider is a priority.
boy_mom 10:53 AM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Me? My reply would have been:

"ALL payments are due on xx NO LATER than 5PM per our signed contract.

Since this is on-going issue, I feel it is best to cancel the child care services contract.
The last day services will be available are May, XX, 2018 (two weeks from date of missed payment).

Please bring the amount due in CASH upon drop off. Remember to add $10 per day to cover the late fee.
No services will be available without FULL payment."

I don't provide services for parents that don't feel payment to their child care provider is a priority.
All this, and I would be firm about not providing services if there is no payment at drop off. To be honest, I would happily term a family like this on the spot if payment was late one more time!
rosieteddy 07:41 AM 05-02-2018
Though I agree with what everyone else said I would do something different.Because they live across the street and you are almost done I would not charge them the late fee.I would give them the option of paying ahead of time for remaining time.What about a single check for May now and one for june the last week of May.I would explain that in lei of the fee that will be your concession. Then I would never take a neighbor again.I would not want hard feelings in the neighborhood especially since he will be finished with your program.
Tags:enforcing policies - consistency, late payment policy
Reply Up