Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Has Anyone Ever Purchased Through Walmart.com?
daycarediva 10:43 AM 07-19-2018
I made a purchase on walmart.com 6/24. It was processed, my CC was charged. I checked on the shipping a few days later (large item, freight shipping) and it was expected to be delivered 7/16.

Looked online 16th, 17th, 18th and again today. No shipping update. Still says processing.

I emailed customer service only to be told it was fulfilled by someone other than walmart and they emailed their customer service on my behalf and I *should* be hearing something in the next business day.

Not a small item, it was almost 2,000. UGH! I NEED the item NOW and I really don't want to buy another one without even knowing HOW to get a refund.

I plan to call later today, just wondering if anyone had any experience/insight.
Annalee 10:47 AM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I made a purchase on walmart.com 6/24. It was processed, my CC was charged. I checked on the shipping a few days later (large item, freight shipping) and it was expected to be delivered 7/16.

Looked online 16th, 17th, 18th and again today. No shipping update. Still says processing.

I emailed customer service only to be told it was fulfilled by someone other than walmart and they emailed their customer service on my behalf and I *should* be hearing something in the next business day.

Not a small item, it was almost 2,000. UGH! I NEED the item NOW and I really don't want to buy another one without even knowing HOW to get a refund.

I plan to call later today, just wondering if anyone had any experience/insight.
I order alot from walmart.com and usually all goes well. But a few years ago, I ordered a kayak which was shipping through the "large freight". When it FINALLY got to the store, it was damaged heavily. I immediately asked for my money back which the Walmart store complied with. Must be something to do with their large freight delivery.???
Ariana 10:49 AM 07-19-2018
Do you know where the original product is shipping from? It could be held up in customs and unfortunately they give very little information.
daycarediva 11:27 AM 07-19-2018
Nope, there is literally NO information.

Processing
estimated delivery date

no other info. Doesn't even say walmart didn't fulfill the order even. I didn't realize that until I contacted their customer service.
hwichlaz 11:55 AM 07-19-2018
You have to be careful, items from other sellers show up on their site just like on amazon.
boy_mom 05:30 PM 07-19-2018
I had a similar experience ordering online from Home Depot. I eventually told them to cancel the order so I could go to a local hardware store to purchase. Super frustrating!!!
knoxmomof2 09:04 AM 07-20-2018
Yeah, I'm wary ordering anything that's not directly from them because returns or issues like this are handled through the vendor and not Walmart. I know because I checked into it before ordering an inflatable swimming pool (which is notorious for leaks, so I wanted to know if I could exchange it easily).

It should say "sold by xxx" on the listing. Otherwise, it's the freight shipper that's the issue. Is there a number to call? We once ordered a grill from Cabela's and had the freight shipper call to see if our road could accommodate a semi. We weren't sure and they said if we said yes and then they couldn't, we would be charged a large fee! My Husband ended up going to a depot and just picking it up himself. We had a minivan and he had to open the box and pull things out to fit it in. Fun times.... Nothing was said on the site about all of this. What if we had a tiny car?!
daycarediva 11:12 AM 07-20-2018
It didn't say sold by anyone other than Walmart. Walmart is on my cc receipt. It's been almost a month. I called WM customer service, they can't help. They can't even tell me who shipped it,when or from where. I googled the company (backyard imaginations) and called their customer service #, only to get a recording. I left my name, number and WM order #. I also called my cc company and told them what was going on. They said if I want I could call back and file a fraud report since no product was delivered. FUN TIMES!

Never again.
Annalee 11:19 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
It didn't say sold by anyone other than Walmart. Walmart is on my cc receipt. It's been almost a month. I called WM customer service, they can't help. They can't even tell me who shipped it,when or from where. I googled the company (backyard imaginations) and called their customer service #, only to get a recording. I left my name, number and WM order #. I also called my cc company and told them what was going on. They said if I want I could call back and file a fraud report since no product was delivered. FUN TIMES!

Never again.
This is the number i used to find my kayak. Have you tried this number?
Annalee 11:24 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
This is the number i used to find my kayak. Have you tried this number?
Diva, did they send you a confirmation email when you placed the order?
racemom 01:30 PM 07-20-2018
Is there place on your walmart order online to start a return? I would do that and state never received. Otherwise dispute the charge on your cc. They will contact seller to prove why they should not chargeback the cost. If they dont respond the credit card company will take it off your bill.
MyAngels 08:16 PM 07-20-2018
I ordered a large wooden play set through them two years ago and had no communication from anyone on the status until it showed up at my door 4 weeks later. It was sold by Walmart (per the website) but was shipped from the company that made it.

Not much help I know, but it did eventually show up. Hopefully yours does too.
Cat Herder 08:14 AM 07-23-2018
I was looking to replace our library futon. When I went to checkout I noticed:

"Sold & shipped by
Best Choice Products
Free shipping"

Have you had any resolution, yet?
daycarediva 10:48 AM 07-23-2018
Well, walmart is going to refund me I guess. I did cancel the order and they said IF it shows up (highly unlikely) as customer service, which was great, said the same company is not answering to their phone calls or emails and has not fulfilled several orders this month.

So, waiting on my refund at this point. CC company said to go ahead and report it as fraud, as WM is not responsible and I probably won't get a refund from them.

I'm just waiting.
MyAngels 11:08 AM 07-23-2018
The other thing you might try is signing up for notifications from UPS, FedEx and USPS on shipments coming your way. I have accounts with all 3 and whenever there's a package shipped to my address I get a notification with tracking information. It won't help if they shipped it with an independent carrier, but mine came through UPS. Hope it either arrives or you get your money back ASAP.
Tags:online shopping, walmart
Reply Up